Your Most Embarrassing Door Knocking Experiences

by pale.emperor 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Londo111
    Londo111

Every dang time I was doorknocking was embarrassing.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Sign read "Beware of dog"..Brother told me Jehovah will protect us. As soon as we took about 5 steps around the corner this dog came charging, we back up out side of the gate and closed it. Householder open his front door and yell, can't you fools read. That gate protected us, not Jehovah...

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

As Lando said-Every darn time was embarrassing. Even as a pioneer I was never 100% confident or fully wanting anyone to answer.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Sadly I could name a million, yes I was that zealous and I am now embarrassed by every one.

• TTATT_Paladin
    TTATT_Paladin

Not at a door:

For a few months, a few of us doing morning downtown street work were harassed by a midget Jesus freak with some mental/developmental issues.

(I gave him the nickname "Mr. Mxyzptlk")

• dozy
    dozy

As an 19 year old having foolishly left school to pioneer and work part time in an rubbish office administrative job , I called on my former school English teacher , whom I had always respected and got on well with ( and was the top of the class student ). For a few seconds ( it wasn't my turn to do the house ) I shrank back to the side of the door , hoping he wouldn't recognise me. But suddenly he looked closely at me - asked - "is that you , Dozy"?

We began conversing and catching up - he had retired recently - and he quizzed me about what I was doing with my life. He hadn't known I was a JW - I'd tried as much as possible to keep it low profile at school , like most young JWs.You could sense his feelings of disappointment and puzzlement with what I was doing, tinged with some reticence at being seen to be judgemental.

To make matters worse , I was working with a uber older pioneer who kept trying to change the conversation to "spiritual things" and was visibly getting annoyed. He was one of those guys who hated anybody "butting in" when it was "his door".

As I was leaving , the teacher paused and said "look , Dozy - it's not for me to judge you or tell you what to do with your life. But these are important years for you. Get yourself to college or university - you are wasted in that job. And seriously - research the religion you seem to be heavily involved in. "

The uber pioneer complained as we walked away that we weren't there to gossip or catch-up and I got annoyed with him and we began to argue.

The whole experience was cringeworthy and ghastly. Sadly - I never acted on my teacher's wise advice. It was over 30 years ago. It took over another 20 years for me to wake up.....

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was about 7 or 8, I was out with a pioneer and a dog came out the front door charging at us. From my recollection, he was a big enough dog. Anyways, the brother swung his briefcase right on the dog’s head, almost knocked him out. The dog went back to his owner who was standing in the opened door and he swore at us. The pioneer and I simply left quietly.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was 10, we were out door to door and the brother started his presentation. The man at the door looked at us in an angry matter and said: “You stay here, I’ll be right back!” and ran into his house. The brother looked at me and said: “Lets run!” So we ran to the car that was parked in the drive way (we were doing rural not-at-homes). As soon as we were in the car, the brother told the other one that was driving: “Get out of here quick”. In the meantime, the householder came out of his house with a baseball bat and tried to hit the car as we were backing away. He missed and we were gone.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was 16, I was doing door to door alone. There was a man who started cursing after me. He had a leaf rack in his hands and started to run after me and I ran out onto the street. Then I suddenly stopped looked at him and said: “Come over her and see what happens”.

He stopped cursed a little more and went back into his house. Back then, I was fighting a lot in school and was prepared to kick his ass.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

When I was a kid, a women tried to slam the door on an elderly brother that was in the middle of his presentation. He had robber boots and had his foot in the door. The door literally bounds back and hit the wall inside loudly. Then the brother went on to lecture her on basic manners and politeness. The householder said sorry and we left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit