Newbie saying hello and glad to be here

by Calico_Cat 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Calico_Cat
    Calico_Cat

Hello, I've been lurking the board for quite sometime now and I have also read Crisis of Conscience. My hubby and I stopped attending the meetings since December and had our first Christmas in 6 years. It was fun although the feelings of guilt are still within us.

We've been visited by the elders twice but we managed to keep them at bay. Some 'loving' bros and sis also started phoning us and for the first time in years started inviting us for get togethers. Funny thing, when we were active being invited was extremely rare. I could really feel their love and concern.

I've enjoyed Amazing's Deceptive Elders series as well as the Justice series at the old H2O. I too have been a victim of injustice from the very people whose duty it is to shepherd the flock. I will tell my story soon but I know that some very 'righteous friends' also visit this site and if I spilled the beans, my identity will be revealed. I am not ready to come out yet as I still have family in 'the truth' that I want to help. Someday....

Anyway, glad to meet you all. And yes Fred and YK/You Know--you guys are on my ignore-amus list.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Calico Cat,

Rest assured, I will shorten your name. Also, rest assured you're welcome here. Nice place - watch out for our resident Goddess, RedHorseWoman. It's spring, and she's getting her communing with nature thang going.....

Personally, I like daylilies.

waiting

• sf
    sf

Hello there!!

I want a calico puss so bad! (shut up venice ) My daughter's friend's cat just had a litter of them, yet we missed out. I was disappointed; but oh well, there are more pusses in the world; right? (shut up venicehahahaha)

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and there is always room for one more. The live chat is a great place too. Glad your here. Enjoy yourself.

{{{{{{{hugs for you}}}}}}}}

Sincerely, sKally/ "wtURLS" on yahoo (evil slave klass )

• Gopher
    Gopher

Calico,

WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME! (Well, it sure beats Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! now, doesn't it??)

I enjoyed your post, and hope you can hang around here for some "bad" but enjoyable association!!

You said "when we were active being invited was extremely rare". I know in our last congregation, we had folks over about 25 times in the last 2 years, and received back 1 measly invitation. I guess we weren't in the right "clique" of that loving (ahem) congregation.

Hope to hear more from you out here, and maybe in chat too. And it'd be fun to hear from your other half!

Gopher

• think41self
    think41self

Welcome, Calico, Welcome

Glad you finally came in to talk to us. I am glad your hubby came out with you. boy, that makes it nice.

I know what you mean about the Christmas "guilt", but trust me sweetie, it goes away! HAHHAHAHAHAHA

Welcome to the board, and please come play with us in chat sometime. We have alot of fun in there. But watch out for rogue guys like that Gopher. What a man!

think41self

• Mulan
    Mulan

Welcome Calico. It's a fun place.

• terraly
    terraly

Hey Calico,

Welcome a-board.

Heh, no pun intended.

• XJWBill
    XJWBill

Welcome, Calico! It's a pretty freewheeling bunch, I've found, so just jump right in whenever you feel ready.

By the way, if you would like to consider making a completely voluntary contribution (tax-deductible) to help cover the costs of maintaining this worldwide charitable and educational work, feel free to forward your generous offer (no checks!) to XJWBill, and I'll see that it goes where the need is great . . . .

Bill

"If we all loved one another as much as we say we love God, I reckon there wouldn't be as much meanness in the world as there is."--from the movie Resurrection (1979)

• Jang
    Jang

Welcome Calico ...

Forget the guilts about Christmas, birthdays, mothers and fathers day and all the others ....

LIVE!!!!!! You have nothing to feel guilty about!!!! There is no scriptural injunciton against those things and they are not included in any bible lists which define those who will not inherit eternal life ...

and if it was so wrong to use the dates of pagan celebrations to illustrate something about god, then why do the Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles all fall on the old Spring and Harvest festivals?

God is much bigger than those things anyway.

JanG

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day CC,

As the day draws to a close the proclaiming of our welcome must increase!

So welcome here. I suggest you read the sequel "In Search of Christian Freedom". I personally found it a better read. The two books will help you two cats to clarify what you don't believe!

Hope you can replace it in time with true freedom.

In the meantime, enjoy your stay here. Most of us are harmless!

BTW what did you mean when you say

I know that some very 'righteous friends' also visit this site and if I spilled the beans, my identity will be revealed
    Do your friends openly discuss visiting this board? Loyal?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit