Ruling against Vicki Boer

by Euphemism 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This is just horrible.

Woman who won $5,000 in a sex abuse suit against church must pay legal costs A woman who won $5,000 in damages after accusing the Canadian wing of the Jehovah's Witnesses of negligence over their handling of sexual abuse has been ordered to pay the group $142,000 to cover its legal costs.

Justice Anne Molloy ruled Monday that Vicki Boer has to pay legal costs to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada back to the year 2001 even though she won the case. Watch Tower must pay legal costs before 2001.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2003/06/30/123687-cp.html

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

D'oh... dunno how I missed the thread already started on this subject. Ignore me.

For those who haven't seen the original thread, it's at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/59515/1.ashx

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I'll never move to Canada for sure. What is wrong with that country and the judge?

This is outrageous!

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Sunshine,

If a bad decision, useless lawyer and a rich corporation led to a bad court decision being made in Sparta Kentucky, would I be justified in condemning the entire United States?

I understand your anger at the miscarriage of justice and the hurt on Vicki. But let's keep things in perspective and in focus.

Uzzah

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

That really sucks for Vicki. That just ain't right. Watchtower scumbags.

• morty
    morty

This is absolutely disgraceful. How can this be justifyed?Where is justice here? Please forgive me on my outrage,but I to, know to well how that congregation could sweep things under the carpet.I to, was born and raised in that so called congregation.Vicki stood up for all those children who have know where to go but to them dam so called "brothers"Now look where it has gotten her.What is going on here? Something is not right here. It really makes me wonder,what is going on behind closed doors of our justice system.We know what is going on behind closed doors of the watchtower.I feel we need to help Vicki on this poor judgement call. If you could please write every news programme, talk show ,newspaper, and your MP, we may get her the help and support that she needs right now. She is running out of energy and we have to pull for her. She cant give up.I really thought that the religion let her down but justice would not.To my surprise I was wrong about that. I am brand new to this site,and not to sure how it works,but I know from reading, you are all very supportive of Vicki.Lets take the last step for her and write,write,write. Please contact anyone you can think of, so she can have some of her dignity back. I myself have written to many programmes in hopes that someone in the media will bring this to all of the publics attention.Its wrong,and something has to be done.

Yours truly,

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome, Morton68

Dansk

• morty
    morty

Thank you Dansk,

It is my pleasure. I wish I had found out about this site a long time ago.

Being a X- JW, I did not know this site even was available.It is full of info.

Thanks again for the welcome,greatly apprreciated.

Michelle

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

That Ontario Courts of Justice Act should be changed. What kind of law is that? Just because Vicki, the victim, didn't win as much as the offer, she has to pay for everything including the Watchtower? Is Canada telling us that no Child Abuse victim should dare to pursue the justice?

I've been depressed all day today since I got the email from the SL. The more I think of it, it's either the judge is bribed or the Justice System of Canada is protecting the pedophiles. Everyone was looking forward to this lawsuit.

Hawkaw, what's going to happen next?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit