shutting down topics now?

by disposable hero of hypocrisy 13 Replies latest forum tech-support

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5744214272901120/suicide-idea?page=3&size=10

I can't comment on this topic on either of my devices or multiple browsers.

So we're shutting down topics now are we? I'm assuming you've disabled commenting due to your feeling that it's a troll. Do you know something we don't Simon?

What if it's real?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I agree with Simon ,look at her past posts.,and in this realm of nobody really knowing who you really are well ???

Just supposing for one moment she is genuine , do you honestly think anything anyone on this board is going to change her mind ?

Persons who genuinely want to commit suicide do not advertise it beforehand .

And if she does toss herself off after what everybody`s advice has been given , who are you going to blame ?

In general , the people who are serious about going to kill themselves do not advertise it before hand so that people can intervene.

If they write suicide notes it`s something that can be found after they have carried out the act and not before.

smiddy

• KateWild
    KateWild

Maybe it's just a cry for help and she needs some attention. Isn't that why we all come here to some degree.......for attention.

Kate xx

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I'm sorry smiddy but I disagree.

I have looked at her past posts. The fact that there ARE past posts indicates a non-troll to me. This is a person struggling to make a life outside of the wt, and maybe now the struggle is getting too much.

And yes, if it's genuine then I DO think we could help her, if not change her mind, then at least to think about it first. Just to know people are bothered about you, to reply to you when nobody else is talking to you, could be real comfort. And the different viewpoints from individuals who have been in a similar situation can really help, we've all got different takes on stuff and a viewpoint might be presented that she hasn't thought of before.

I've wanted to end it before, I thought I'd let everybody including my god down, and I genuinely believe it's only venting on here, and learning from others, that kept me sane since I had NOBODY else I could talk to.

As for "who are you going to blame", i don't know what you mean by that. Everybody takes personal responsibility for their actions, but ultimately the wt hasn't helped one bit by creating a locked in society that's impossible to leave without losing everything. Personally i don't want to reflect that uncaring heartless attitude.

I'm heartened by the response in general to that thread, but saddened that there's been any negative response. Real or not, this stuff stays on the internet for ever and is visible to all sorts of people. The responses here may help someone else feeling the same.

• atomant
    atomant
    lt sounded like a genuine cry for help to me.lf it is genuine and l think it is l would feel devastated to log on to find my cry for help has been deleted.Like another nail in the coffin so to speak.
  • Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

TBH, Simon can identify IP addresses and when accounts get created. Some users have been known to create multiple accounts and troll or fake stories.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

On this site so many times people have exposed their virginity. Often teenage witnesses having to debate the existence of God with atheists. Most times more mature members offer support and kind words, even on occasion unintentially supporting the occasional " bullshitter".

Personally I would rather support 1000, bullshiters than let one genuine cry from the heart go unheard. Therefore on this occasion I think it was so wrong " shutting down a post" of such importance, and personally i hope it's restored.

The Rebel.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

I agree that the thread should not be ignored. I also went back and read the previous posts by this person, and there is a lot of desperate language in many of the posts.

People of the forum please do not close your hearts!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Better to err on the side of caution in cases like this. I don't mind putting up with a Troll or an attention seeker if posting here satisfies their need for attention or answers their cry for help. In either case and for whatever reason, someone is feeling a void in their life or they are suffering and I can spare a little empathy if there's a chance it might help them.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

We are all here because this damn cult survives by destroying families, relationships, and self esteem. Some yhat came here did kill themselves! People I cared for who felt unloved and unlovable.

Myvmom has told me how ugly, hateful and unworthy I am my whole life. I know she is full of shit. At 23, it may be hard to see beyond her space right now. I hope she gets good care. There IS a whole life beyond 23. Hell, I am 50 in 3 weeks and if I lost it all again I would be devastated too! But ive rebuilt before and I know there is good out in the world and I can/do make it better. So can the poster who thinks all is lost. Stop protecting your abusers and shouldering the blame. As many say, a life well lived is the best evidence of the WT falsehoods and ugliness being reality. They are not THE TRUTH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit