Exercise Patience Regional Convention

by Rattigan350 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• naja
    naja

In 2006 it was "Delivery near at Hand" so 17 years later you need to be patient.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

They have a set charge per person for those conventions, only the rank and file don't know it. I used to wonder why there was always a deficit at the Assembly Hall I helped to build. The pitch for building it was how much we would save over renting a building ( school or national guard gym in my case ) so it wouldn't cost the friends as much to go to the assemblies. So we had 4.5 hour drives to the assembly hall and there was always a deficit...I wondered more when I learned they sold off enough of the land around to have the building paid for. So even if they use the assembly halls, they will make money as they won't be paying any rent. After learning what really goes on, it makes you wonder how some "honest" brother could get up and proclaim a deficit. The Society gets all the money-because first off they agree to send X amount to the society...Just a bunch of scam artist. They really should just tell the people that the admission is X amount instead of pulling the con. ( yes you can go sit for free, but they will guilt someone into paying for your seat.)

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I got off on a rant...I wanted to adress the be patient! Maybe this is a sag-way into dealing with the 1914 that sooner or later they will have to deal with.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HIDDLESWIFE:

So many older Witnesses are tired of waiting.

Too many of them thought the Covid pandemic was ‘it’. Many were seriously disappointed that it was not the End they had hoped for. This means they have to endure living in ‘this system’ getting older.

A lot of these people never expected to get ‘old’.. They expected to be delivered into the ‘new system’ by now and not have to be dealing with sickness, etc.. Also, don’t forget too many did not prepare financially for a retirement they were told they’d never see! I remember hearing this years ago by a JW who did my taxes and noticed I contributed to a retirement plan.

These JWs are resentful for several reasons. So this convention probably is about damage control.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

"Exercise Patience District Convention"

The name just gives me the heebie jeebies. So manipulative, so un-motivating, so booring sounding. Imagine going to a Seminar titled,

"Exercise Patience Three Day Seminar"

Keynote Address: Hurry up and Wait .... Again

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Anyone who sat through a JW convention has exercised enough patience already.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

"Exercise Patience District Convention"

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Does anyone believe this: Year after year, the East Pennine Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in the UK has been running at a very large loss - sometimes at more than £100,000 per year!

Alleged "expenditure" always exceeds income! Time for some forensic accounting to take place.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There was a Thread or two on here that explained the Assembly Hall and Regional Convention Accounting Scam, one Thread was done by an Elder who knew all about the method.

• BoogerMan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit