Likes and Dislikes. How about making the identities known to the poster?

by nicolaou 13 Replies latest forum suggestions

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I haven't a clue if it's technically feasible but I think if you're going to hit the dislike button on a post you should be open to discussion with the poster.

Just your own topics and posts of course. What do you think Simon?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Worst idea ever

I haven't logged on to this site in ages I just logged on so I can personally dislike your post

Now that you know who I am does that help

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Bad idea! could lead to retaliatory dislikes just because someone didn't agree with and/or fawn over someone else's comment. IMO.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Now that you know who I am does that help

Well yes actually. It means I can ask you why you feel that way. Maybe I could clarify something I hadn't explained clearly or perhaps I'd posted something stupid and I could learn from a further discussion.

I didn't think it was such a controversial suggestion. Facebook reactions and Twitter likes are public, it's nothing new. Sure, there's the possibility of poor behaviour as FedUpJW suggests but we're a pretty well behaved bunch for the most part. We're certainly an older demographic.

I don't know, it was just an idea.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

When someone dislikes your post, they dont necessarily feel like debating you, or want you to expand on the subject further.

Sometimes they are having a bad day - sometimes they think you are a dickhead, sometimes they are the dickhead, sometimes they just dont agree with you- or perhaps they have judged you based on previous posts and dont like you.

Other times, someone may dislike your post and tell you exactly why.

Im giving myself 3 thumbs up for this reply.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i agree with Nicolaou.

i want to know who dislikes my posts

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm not really a fan of the like/dislike buttons because of the anonymity involved. You never know if someone that disliked a post has commented after with a reason.

I'm sure that sometimes there are those that dislike a post because............reasons......not related to the post itself.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I don`t want to know WHO dislikes my posts ,however i would like to know WHY they dislike my posts so we can clarify any misunderstandings .

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

who disliked my reply ? grrrrrr

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LOLZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit