"Well done lady!!!" parts 2 & 3

by neat blue dog 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Parts 2 & 3 of the video posted the other day about the KH crasher are now up. (Well she wasn't a full on crasher, they escalated the situation by turning off the sound while she was giving a comment with too many facts about the child abuse situation.)

Part 2:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PDmLw4pemV0

Part 3:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WacuXFXzj5w

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do you think that this kind of rambling meeting crasher accomplishes any real good by doing this?

(I guess you do, Neat Blue Dog, since you give her your "Well done!".)

I'm a bit torn about it. I really think it does more to prop up the "persecution complex" of JW's there, but then maybe one or two of them will go to Google as a result of what they heard. Can anyone here say this type of activism assisted in their decision to leave?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

1:

'well done' was the title of the original post which had the link to part one, from another poster. I titled mine likewise for the sake of continuity. But if you must know, yeah, I do agree. She was articulate and full of facts.

2:

Do you think that this kind of rambling meeting crasher accomplishes any real good by doing this?
    maybe one or two of them will go to Google as a result of what they heard

You just answered your own question.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

but then maybe one or two of them will go to Google as a result of what they heard.

NBD -- that's the only (remote) possibility of it being "productive" that I can see. But doubtful IMO.

I recall from when I was younger seeing "crazies" outside assembly/convention venues who were "evil slaves" (before "apostate" become the label) and no one gave any thought to them. I'm trying to have an open mind here vs being convinced that it just supports the "mentally diseased apostate" label.Just asking about the opinions of others here. THX.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

I recall from when I was younger seeing "crazies" outside assembly/convention venues who were "evil slaves

That's actually what got me thinking about the religion. I was about 12 when I saw those crazies outside the convention. I kept thinking about them and thinking about them until finally one day I searched the internet and wham, I started waking up to the truth about the Watchtower.

Then I got my parents to start thinking. Then they have been getting others to start thinking.

So everything counts!

By the way the persecution complex might have been a thing in the past, but it's not so much these days.

• LV101
    LV101

I haven't viewed the link yet and I, too, was full of "thinking" about the convention apostates. They weren't rude - said nothing just carried signs that were enough to interest/signal issues I was concerned about. They seemed happy and we were all racing around to park/find seats in the heat and waste time. At the time I didn't think I was wasting time but so much for hindsight.

I might agree with DOC re/busting into halls but the protestors would certainly break up the monotony -- I think it would be too alarming - maybe the JWs at meetings are use to it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

By the way the persecution complex might have been a thing in the past, but it's not so much these days.

Really? You aren't convinced that the recent persecution in Russia and China are sure signs that we are in the final seconds of the last minutes of the Last Days? I think they're playing the "persecution card" as much as ever before.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Really? You aren't convinced that the recent persecution in Russia and China are sure signs that we are in the final seconds of the last minutes of the Last Days? I think they're playing the "persecution card" as much as ever before.

Read the history of Jehovah's Witnesses bro, (old yearbooks) Every single time the Watchtower ran into persecution in one country or another, it slowed down increase to a drip or in some cases stop growth for a few years. In the USA, when there was trouble in the beginning for Watchtower, about 80-90 percent of the bible students left the organization and Rutherford had to practically start over from scratch and develop a new marketing strategy. (Great Crowd who would not die and inherit the earth.)

There will always be a few idiots who will willingly die for what they believe, and those make the headlines news, but the majority of human beings followed the human instinct to --SURVIVE and avoid PAIN.

Tons of Jehovah's witnesses left the organization in Germany when Hitler was going full blast, but you don't hear that, in their publications, (Only in worldly publications which JWs can't read) you only hear about the ones that stayed faithful and die.

I guarantee you the influx that was joining the Watchtower in Russia "Before" the persecution started has slowed down to a drip or maybe even stopped. No human in their right mind is going to join a religion that is being persecuted by the government.

And I bet many JWs have already compromised their faith in Russia to avoid a 20 year prison term and lose their wive, kids, husband, ect.

But do you honestly believe that the Watchtower is going to tell their members that many JWs are compromising and leaving the "Trooth"

No way! They are only focusing on those that are dumb enough to go to prison for years for the Watchtower belief.

• Simon
    Simon

There seems to be this belief that the only reason that JWs haven't left is because they haven't heard certain things.

I am not convinced this is true.

You can give them all the information available and they still don't leave until they are ready to. Usually it boils down to something happening that affects them personally or someone they care about. They have easy access to all kinds of information from the privacy of their own home. Many read it. Many dismiss it as lies. Why so people imagine that someone showing up and shouting it out changes anything?

Until they are ready to consider that the WTS isn't right, they choose to believe and these "attacks" just serve to reinforce it. They feel great because they are "remaining loyal".

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I agree with Simon in MHO, it is the emotion of the WT cult emotional shield that keeps people mentally in. No amount of information will crack it until the emotional shield has had a crack, which is a personal thing. Abuse, seeing a "lack of love" when they were convinced it wouldn't be that way, and many other ways are the only way an emotional crack, to let in a seed of doubt, is allowed through the very strong emotional cult shield.

Facts can't break down fully indoctrinated emotional mind conditioning. A personal emotional event is the only way a crack can be formed to allow in even the tiniest of fact. Even then it is the strength emotional shield of the person that will determine how the fact is processed. It may be locked away in a mental compartment, or hopefully it will grow to allow more facts to be allowed in and be processed.

Even when in a mental compartment, there is hope that another emotional event will unlock it. Though the process can be very, very, very long.

Just my POV as a non-JW person with a lot of interest in the JW mindset.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit