100 Dead, but God is Merciful

by Ultimate Axiom 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

A plane with 99 people on board has crashed into a populated area of Karachi, but at least two of the passengers survive. One of them is reported as saying, “God has been merciful”. Really? What kind of mercy was shown to the other 100 or more that died?

Reminds me of the expression, “There but for the grace of God go I”, which translates as, “There but for the lack of God’s grace goes him”.

It is so typical of believers, who attribute random good luck to God’s benevolence, but fail to follow that to the logical conclusion that bad luck must be attributable to his malevolence, or at least His indifference. Thank God I'm an atheist.
  • resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Surprised he did not use the fits all expression - alahuackbar!

RB

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

During the American Civil war 7000 died in 15 min. That is most likely not even a scratch on what history has to offer in pain and suffering. God it great. NOT

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

According to the latest figures published by Johns Hopkins University, 5,231,328 cases have been detected worldwide, with 338,515 deaths and 2,070,114 people now recovered.

In the USA, there have been 1,601,434 confirmed cases and 96,007 deaths with 350,135 people recovering from the virus.

My cousin Sam was in a coma for nearly four weeks from the coronavirus. He is in rehab and is expected to recover. Here is a post his brother posted on his Facebook page. Did prayers help my cousin recover? If so, why didn't God listen to prayers from family members whose loved ones passed away from the virus? Why is God impartial? If God is in the business of miracles, why not have a miracle for all victims?

Well we definitely serve a mighty God that hears and answers prayers! Sam was awake and watching tv when I called the hospital! Obviously Sam is weak and has a long road ahead of him being in a coma for over 3 and a half weeks Thank u all for your prayers, nice comments and love for Sam and our family during this time! We've been overwhelmed with gratitude! God is still in the business of miracles! He does for his children not because of anything good we've done but it's the unmerited favor of God on us! I am thankful for the miracle in my brother's life of course, but yet my heart goes out to the many victims and family members of the folks that fell to this terrible virus! There's a lot more I can say about everything, but for now let me say God bless you all! Also I pray for God's protection over all of our many friends and family members and honestly everyone else in the world for that matter. It seems like this is the biggest altar call and wakes up call in the history of mankind
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

If God really was merciful in this case, then it would have simply made the plane go down in a controlled fashion, perhaps doing property damage but no injuries or deaths on the plane or on the ground. Why couldn't or didn't god simply make the plane hit a field where no one was standing, perhaps damaging the landing gear and the underside of the fuselage but not hurting anyone?

• Half banana
    Half banana
    In certain oriental religions, it is just a cultural reflex to claim everything is god's doing --no brain use necessary, it just trips off the tongue. But woe betide you if you were to challenge the blind injustice of your favourite god.
  • waton
    waton
    would have simply made the plane go down in a controlled fashion, perhaps doing property damage but no injuries or hit a field where no one was standing.

WTW: If you watch this Airbus go down, it looks eerily like the one in 1988 at the Paris airshow, slow speed near stall, nose up, plowing into a forest.

sad for all the victims, The virus was spread by airplane travel too. so: is it the Wright Brother's fault or their creator's? .

• alanv
    alanv

Its a typical thing that religious people say. Watchower members are just as stupid

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

In certain oriental religions, it is just a cultural reflex to claim everything is god's doing

Not just an Oriental trait though is it? – how many times have you heard someone say, “everything happens for a reason”? Although I’ve yet to hear an explanation as to what that actually means.

It’s similar to the view taken by believers in prayer - “God answers all prayers, it’s just that sometimes the answer is no”. You cannot argue logically with such people - heads God wins, tails you lose.
  • BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

As with all things in life, sugarcoating and telling lies when something bad happens seems to be the norm. I like to keep it real, “shit happens”. Or “life’s a bitch, then you die”.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit