Jesus brothers and systers

by asp59 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• asp59
    asp59

Mattew 12; 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

To all JWs. Who are Jesus brothers and syster?

I know GB telling everyone that only them and 144000 are Jesus brothers and if you dont support them you Will die in Harmagedon.

But who does a regular JW sees as a brother or sister to Jesus?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

All of these verses only apply to the elite - according to the elite.

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Matthew 25:40) To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother.”

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: “My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.........

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God..........(RSV)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How many Jehovah`s Witnesses recognise according to their own Bible`s whether Jesus had any fleshly brothers or sisters . ?

Did he have any ?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi Fall Guy,

Thanks for the listing.

Whenever WT wants to define who are Christ's brothers in Mt 25:40 they go to Heb 2:14-16. They can't bother with the closer context because it ruins their deception.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    But who does a regular JW sees as a brother or sister to Jesus?

They see whoever the Watchtower tells them to see.

Ironically, Christs brothers really do include the 144,000 because they are from the literal tribes of Israel. Jesus was, and is an Israeli. They are all brothers.

These are Christs brothers who will be evangelizing the world during the Great Tribulation. Church Age believers (Christians) will be long gone by then in the Rapture.

During this time God prepares the nation of Israel and the world for the 2nd coming of Christ who will defeat the Anti-Christ and save the world from all of his various wars that he has started.

Once seated on his throne in Jerusalem, (after Armageddon) the nations (people that are left) will be gathered before him and the sheep and goats judgment will then take place. Those that were friendly toward the Israelis during the GT will be allowed to enter.

Those that were aligned with the Anti-Christ and blamed the Israelis for everything will not be allowed the enter the Millennium.

A cursed and disfellowshipped Jewish King who walked out of a tomb 2000 years ago will then rule the world with fairness and peace for a thousand years.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since JWS have made themselves false Prophets, they are not doing the will and purpose of Jehovah and therefore are not of the elite 144,000 or great crowd as it were.

Aww shucks

They are pseudo false apostate Christians who are acting on behalf of the great liar and deceiver.

• blondie
    blondie

According the the WTS, at this time only anointed jws are Jesus brothers (sisters). After the end of the 1,000 year reign of Jesus over the earth, the humans on earth (presumably all jws) who pass Satan's final test of their loyalty, those who stay loyal; only then are those humans granted the designation of Jesus's brothers, God's children.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    According to the WTS .... After the end of the 1,000 year reign of Jesus over the earth... those who stay loyal; only then are those humans granted the designation of Jesus's brothers, God's children.

This of course is pure nonsense. Sonship is experienced immediately upon acceptance of Christ as a substitution for your sin debt:

All these scriptures describe this condition in the present or past tense:

Romans 8:16

The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,

Galatians 4:6

Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Romans 8:14

For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Galatians 3:26

For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

John 1:12

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

Hosea 1:10

Yet the number of the sons of Israel Will be like the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered; And in the place Where it is said to them, "You are not My people," It will be said to them, "You are the sons of the living God."

1 John 3:2

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

Luke 20:36

for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

Hebrews 2:10

For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings.

John 11:52

and not for the nation only, but in order that He might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.

Galatians 4:7

Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

• blondie
    blondie

This of course is pure nonsense

I agree, Sea Breeze.

The WTS has had to do over many of their statements, especially when it became apparent in 1925 (75,000 anointed members at memorial) that soon they would overtake 144,000. In 1926, only 25,000 attended, but the WTS knew that had to come up with something to stem the tide. So the other sheep/doctrine started developing and was finalized in 1935. Members were told then that the calling of members to be anointed had ended, that the focus was on gathering in the other sheep/great crowd. Up until then, the great crowd had been considered second-rate Christians that were in a separate location in heaven (!!?)

When the WTS starts feeling squeezed on a doctrine, they start slowly to prepare the flock for the change over several years.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Thanks for the re-cap Blondie. Spot on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit