Criticism of Jehovah's Witnesses Wikipedia

by Brokeback Watchtower 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Wiki is by far the best site for helping JWs wake up.
    It was very helpful to me since I could not say it was "apostates" who wrote it.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Wikipedia was huge for me, too. I read about my religion from an outside source and it wasn't an apostate site. I read about the history of doctrines like the cross and the trinity. When I knew I wanted out and wanted to still worship God, I read about the differences between all the protestant religions and it helped me choose which one fit closest to what I believed. Wikipedia is awesome and I financially contribute to it because I'm thankful it exists!

• millie210
    millie210

I agree about Wikipedia.

I was amazed at how much I learned about Rutherford there.

I dont know why I picked him as a starting point but I had a particular dislike of his "look" in pictures and sure enough...the picture was accurate, he really was a jerk!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Through the Wikipedia entry on JWs, I learned that Ray Franz was not the raving, spittle-spewing Antidub he was made out to be.

(Not that I really believed it, anyway. )

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_W._Jackson

Australian Royal Commission hearing[edit]
    As part of an ongoing investigation, the Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse held a public hearing to investigate allegations of child sexual abuse among Jehovah's Witnesses in Australia, from July 27 to August 14, 2015.[7] At the time, Jackson was in Australia, and a debate took place during the hearing as to whether Jackson would be able to give testimony before the Royal Commission. Senior Council Angus Stewart, on August 5, during a questioning of Terrence O’Brien, a member of the Australian Branch Office of Jehovah's Witnesses, claimed that O'Brien "sought to mislead the Royal Commission, to protect Mr Jackson from any potential summons to appear."[8] The 2 reasons initially given for Jackson's being unable to appear before the Commission were 1) that Jackson was in Australia to take care of his father, who was sick, and 2) because Jackson's main work was in translating, and thus he could not be of assistance in the matter of child sexual abuse. Though O'Brien insisted Jackson's work was related to translating, Stewart called O'Brien's statement "false"[8]and questioned whether the claim regarding the situation of Jackson's father was trustworthy. (In his own words in his life story, in the August 15, 2015 edition of The Watchtower, Jackson stated: "I... no longer serve as a translator."[3]) Jackson was summoned to appear before the Royal Commission on August 14.[9]
    At the introduction of his summons, Jackson answered questions regarding the Governing Body and his specific work as a member of the Writing, Teaching, and Personnel Committees. Jackson was further questioned regarding the teachings and policies of the Governing Body as they relate to handling allegations of child sexual abuse. Jackson referred to various Bible passages to give the basis for such policies.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit