Complexity, Evolutionists Biggest Problem

by Sea Breeze 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sea breeze:

This image below is an x-ray cross section of an actual human cell. It's beauty and complexity is stunning.

hahahaha. No. It was a computer rendering of a cell cross-section based on various datasets, including datasets based on X-ray imaging.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

So are you saying the statement is not true?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It is true in a way that is unremarkable and entirely incidental to the discussion.

Unless you are claiming that ‘evolutionists’ (actually just biologists) assert that evolution ‘plans’ for specific outcomes before the process begins. Which would be an idiotic misrepresentation.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

So, If I understand your assumption correctly, what you are saying is that everything we see is a result of natural unguided processes because we see them, making the probability (for us) exactly one.

Is that a fair assessment?

• Disillusioned JW
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sea breeze:

So, If I understand your assumption correctly, what you are saying is that everything we see is a result of natural unguided processes because we see them, making the probability (for us) exactly one.
    Is that a fair assessment?

No. 🤦‍♂️

First off, I didn’t make an assumption. There is no evidence of any ultimate ‘cause’ other than natural processes. That does not inherently preclude a supernatural cause, but you would need to provide evidence of any proposed supernatural cause. Arguments from incredulity are not evidence for a preferred religious or otherwise superstitious or unfounded belief. The fact that something has happened means the probability that the thing has happened is one. Notions of assigning significance to humans seeing a particular thing as if the act of seeing it influences the outcome of past events are superstitious and irrelevant.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I didn’t make an assumption. There is no evidence of any ultimate ‘cause’ other than natural processes.

So you believe that every effect has a cause except for the first one? Is that a fair statement of your position?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sea breeze:

So you believe that every effect has a cause except for the first one? Is that a fair statement of your position?

Again, no. Given the current understanding of how time and gravity are interrelated, it cannot be determined whether time even existed ‘before’ the initial expansion of the local universe. Beyond that, I don’t make any claim about what happened. But I certainly don’t subscribe to a special pleading fallacy about an infinitely complex magical sky friend that always existed.

Also, your discussion technique, with the leading questions and changing the subject without admitting that you’ve misrepresented my position, is a little tedious.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    it cannot be determined whether time even existed ‘before’ the initial expansion of the local universe. Beyond that, I don’t make any claim of knowing exactly what happened.

So you believe that observable cause and effects are rooted in time, but the first (unguided) cause that created everything may not have been rooted in time? Is that what you are saying? Just trying to get it right here.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sea breeze:

So you believe that observable cause and effects are rooted in time, but the first (unguided) cause that created everything may not have been rooted in time?

No. Refer to previous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit