by GinnyTosken 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ginny,

Aaarrrgggghhh is right.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Bill,

Owyagoin?? (I'm practicing my Strine...think it might sound funny with a southern accent? )

For my money, "spiritual blindness" was totally underated by the Jdubs...I love it!!

Thanks for the info on integration in the early '70s...I couldn't remember when exactly it happened; I was 7 years old in 1972 but I remember vaguely going to a totally white cong for awhile...

btw...didn't you ask in another thread how else to say 'you' but 'yew'? LOL...You're right of course....I was trying to convey how Southerners draw the "ew" out, guess I didn't do a very good job of it!

Cheers,
    Dana

"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
    Somebody else

• XJWBill
    XJWBill

Ginny,

I thought the Society was always enlightened about racial equality; I had no idea the Society ever expressed racist views.

I understand what you mean. We were all so drilled in the idea that the Society was a "spiritual paradise" where everything was perfect, just perfect, always had been, always would be. Truth is, all those folks with "spirit-directed personalities" are just as human and fallible--also gullible--as any other part of mankind. We thought we--and our leaders--were so much better than the rest of the world! But that was just pride, I'm afraid.

I'm still momentarily shocked, even a quarter-century after leaving, when I discover goofball things about the Society I didn't know before--like vaccinations being a DF'ing offense until about 1960! They never mentioned that when I was studying . . .

From Russell's standpoint, Michael Jackson would be a sign that kingdom rule is at hand.

ROTFLMAO! You're right! No doubt the end is eminent! Say, wait a minute--maybe Jackson is the FDS--and all his videos are prophetic symbols. There's got to be a scripture somewhere to support that. Think I'll call my local KH and ask for a study . . . NOT!

Dana,

For my money, "spiritual blindness" was totally underated by the Jdubs...I love it!!

Amen, sister! Yeeooooooou ain't nevah lied!

Bill

"If we all loved one another as much as we say we love God, I reckon there wouldn't be as much meanness in the world as there is."--from the movie Resurrection (1979)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit