What year was New World Translation first used?

by Double Edge 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What is actually happening is you are copywriting your intellectual property -- that is to say your translation and the work you put into it -- copywrite I thimnk last for 50 years -- but I am not 100% sure of this

• DJ
    DJ

How on earth did they ever gain converts when they used bibles other than their own nwt? How could they get past teaching that Christ was created and "a god", when they were using translations without their spin? How did they justify what they say Colossians says, if they didn't have [other] inserted four times? And on and on those questions could go......

Also, I had a green bible that was different in many places than the newer one that they came out with later. In the green one it had Jesus giving up His" breath" just before He died....in the newer one they decided it would be nicer to translate it correctly as, spirit. There were other changes as well. I never understood how they can even call their nwt a translation....because in the Hebrew in Genesis, they have God "ACTIVE FORCE" was moving across the waters.....instead of what is actually says in Hebrew...."HOLY SPIRIT"> Man, talk about changing this to suit your own teachings... The nwt translation is a disgraceful translation full of deceit.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Please could someone confirm for me when the New World translation was actually started? I don't mean printed, I mean when did the process of translation begin?

when was it decided that they would do a new translation?

Does anyone know who made that decision, and who, or which group of men did the translating?

Thanks in advance.

I need to know more details than I do to deal with something tomorrow. Don't want to go into more details here right now, but it will really help me to be sure of my facts.

I tried to search for more info here, and that's how I found this old thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit