Important question, need answer to

by micheal 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

OK, seriously: It still IS a crapshoot. I should say EVEN MONEY, on the face of things. Nobody really knows; but, my experience...

I roomed with a brother after moving across country. He "took me in", helping me out while I got a job and got established. I observed sisters doing the same thing.

All this is APPLAUDED, if everybody attends meetings, does service and is seemingly "doing what they are supposed to" and progressing.

When he moved out I took over the apartment for a while. I "drifted away" about then and everybody moved before anything could be said.

But...

Earlier I said "EVEN MONEY", 1st approximation. But that is in an ideal world with fairness involved. Those rules don’t apply here. And JW’s are nosy, judgmental and great gossips. You don’t have to be wrong to get in bad graces with these folks.

And they have a tendency to "err on the safe side". That means THEY ASSUME THE WORST BECAUSE APPEARANCES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ACCURACY.

And you are dealing heavily with appearances, here.

Like the CCR song "...Bad Moon A Risin’... looks like we’re in for nasty weather..." My REAL GUT FEELING is somebody is heading for trouble. Someone will make SOMETHING out of it... But, I hope, for your sake, it blows over quietly.

And BTW, I am AS SERIOUS AS A HEART ATTACK ABOUT THE "ROOMMATE CRACK"; THEY ARE ABOUT THAT BAD. I’ve thought about starting a post to say just that!!!

Mustang

• micheal
    micheal

THEY ASSUME THE WORST BECAUSE APPEARANCES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ACCURACY.
    Hey Mustang your so right about that. I appreciate your good advice and experience. I will defiantley pass this one to the person involved.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

If you did not give up the relationship they will disfellowship you, that is if you are engaged in a same sex liaison.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Leddfoot!!!! Vasiline???? NOT outdated ......I use it often -for my feet

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Ha ha ha!!!! I was talking about the OTHER use that was implied.....

• caspian
    caspian

The Elders Manual says the following

Strong circumstantial evidence, such as pregnancy or evi-
    dence (testified to by at least two witnesses) that the
    accused stayed all night in the same house with a person of
    the opposite sex (or in the same house with a known
    homosexual ) under improper circumstances, is acceptable.

Most of the time the Society will leave the interpretation to the elders on the ground so you may get.......lucky!

Some elders will read this as you are guilty

Others will look at the term improper circumstances and maybe not form a judicial, either way, it depends on how fussy the elders are.

Jeeeez I used to spend hours answering queries about things like this, what a waste of my life

Cas

• noidea
    noidea

LMAO @ Six

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit