not all JW's are asleep

by Damascus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• oppostate
    oppostate

I think I understand your situation, Damascus.I think there are quite a few here who find themselves now, or have been, in a similar situation to you when awakening from the JW.0rganization's pall.

I've been attending still, but my mouth gets me in trouble, every time. If I say anything that deviates from current JW doctrine it gets reported to the elders and it's just so draining to have to explain yourself to these hounders. Introvert2's claim to be a "Biblical Christian" sounds about right for my own views also.

I'm also partaking because I continue to believe in Jesus as Christ and want to do as he requested in regards to memorializing his sacrificial death and resurrection.

There are a lot of people who've given up on religion of any kind on this forum. If you can put up with that then, as I do, you might find it a place where you can express how you feel and know some can understand what you're going through.

Meleti Vivlon's website is very good. I used to love Channel C too.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Doesn't it insult your intelligence sitting there in the meetings each week?
  • John Free
    John Free

Hello Damascus! I can understand where you are. I didn't realize it at the time but when I was waking up to the truth about the JW organisation it was traumatic. I knew that I would not obey the orgs blood policies, I was tuning in to the mind control measures the org uses. Still, I was torn since I was holding on to some teachings. I was in limbo, I was getting headaches all the time but didn't connect them to this mental trauma. 6 months after leaving I woke up one morning and realized I hadn't had a headache in months- the mental freedom of separating from this control group is immense. It took a while to find the courage to change my life, but I got there and realizing that its the strong ones; not the weak ones, that leave this manipulative group helped. Once you have woken up to the things youve mentioned there is no going back. I don't envy you for where you are at this time but I'm sure you'll find your own personal path too. Best wishes to you friend.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Please tell us your family situation and if anyone else is sympathizing with you in your close circle. Are you completely alone? You have probably a rough couple of years ahead, maybe more, depending on how many relationships you have and want to keep.

I held on to my belief in God, and even strengthened it, by letting go of fundamentalism. I joined another church. Everyone will have their own path, tho, and personalities play a big role in which way people go. It's the way it's supposed to be. The JW life is for one particular type of person, but people are more varied than that in reality (thank goodness!)

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I loved Jesus too. I really did. Sermon on the mount? Best speech ever. Jesus was like king of the hippies preaching brotherly love and peace. It's too bad that he represented a Hebrew deity that, through he/she/its actions in the old testament represented none of what Jesus was preaching. It's too bad that Jesus believed in a global flood which never happened (study glaciology, geology and bristlecone pine core samples). It's too bad that he believed that Adam and Eve were the first humans, yet modern day discoveries prove that we humans have been making tools, hunting, loving and burying our dead for at least 100,000 years.

It's hard to let go of our Jehovah and Jesus teddy bears. We took them to bed and snuggled up with them every night thinking they would ward off all evil. It's hard to realize that a teddy bear is just a stuffed animal that can do nothing. All we can do as adults is follow the evidence and leave sentiment, agenda and superstition at the door.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Once I realized God didn't exist, my nightmares vanished.

Edited to add: This took years to discover. It is definitely a process and can be a very long one for some (like me).

• John Free
    John Free
    Yes Bonsai its hard to let go. But at least we get fry-ups on Sunday mornings :-D
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

Simply asked.....why do you stay? What are you getting out of it?

• millie210
    millie210

Damascus, welcme, its nice to meet you.

I am curious, other than the elders , how do the other congregation members treat you? Do you get support there?

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Damascus,

I agree with you 100%...I'm active but I don't swallow all the stuff they say....When I go out in field service, I too rarely have the literature....I use the bible. Most of the time I say to the friends...I had the lit, but some of the friends needed them so I gave them up.

What I'm realizing most of them in their need praise. Whatever they didn't get at home, it seems the org. is supplying it for them. Many of them feel they don't have any worth & the only worth they have is in the org. I like you feel pity for them. Most of them need a pat on the back. If they put in one extra hour for field service, they must mention it. If they come home later, they'll call you & say, I just got home from service. I know the CO & his wife, I know this person is one of the anointed & so on. Most of them can't even stay home, their thoughts drive them into the streets (Field service, carts, hopeless return visits).

Most of the friends are nice but have issues. Well, I guess you can say that about most of the world. It's sad, just look around your hall(s) & see the sad faces...look at the young generation...their eyes are dull.

I go, listen, take what I need & spit out the rest...The bible is telling us to love one another....not just folks who look like you, vote like you, worship like you.

I, like you, believe in God & Jesus...Man has no idea what the bible is saying...it's man's interpretation to fit how they want you to think....The bible in the wrong hands can be dangerous.

I keep asking God, if I'm not supposed to be here...get me out but don't make it hurt (DA'd or DF'd).

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit