Is/was everything demonized

by stillajwexelder 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shera
    shera

Oh yeh,from other brothers and sisters I had a few things that was demonized.

Tapes,stuffed animals...

• Dimples
    Dimples
    Some believed that buying second hand clothing was inviting the demons into your house

If that's the case then lots of them have little demons running around their house. When it is assembly time or convention time you would definetly see them in thrift stores and the good will, at least here in my area anyway. So sad to hear about the tie thing....must have been very traumatizing. Shamus, I just love your post pic. Bert Rocks!

Dimples

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

jw childhood held a lot of fears, armaggedon, demons, etc. I remember walking with my friend, and we happened upon a toy boat, lost or left behind by some child. I was excited ( I didn't have many toys growing up ), so I went to pick it up so I could take it home. My friend screams at me to drop it, it could be demonised. Uh, ok.....I did leave it there though, because what if she was right? I certainly didn't want to invite demons into my house!

When I was a teenager, I read the Stephen King book Pet Cemetary. I was a bit nervous about it, because I was afraid I may be inviting the demons into my home, but they never came.

My dad wasn't a witness, but he knew how scared we were of demons, so what did he do? He scared us of course, by throwing things around at night when we couldn't see him, making us think demons were throwing things at us. We caught on pretty fast though.

ah....memories.....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My mother has told me about one elderly sister in her congregation. She's afraid to use her stereo because everytime she touches the volume control, it makes a scratchy noise.

This lady's in her 70s, and she thinks that all the brothers in the KH are "after her". In other words, they have a crush on her.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

mm mm - sounds like it was not just my old congregation then

• willy_think
    willy_think

You can look through the bible forever and you will never find anything but living animals to have been possessed......... going way beyond what is written. Moving in to superstition again.

• Badger
    Badger

Remember when the Society first came out against Hip-Hop? We had one sister who felt that an Urban beat itself was demonized, and that it possessed an evil spirit. My dad was balanced enough to allow Arrested Development in the house ("It's got a good message and isn't obscene," he said), even if he didn't like it (for generation gap reasons, not out of parroting the strictest party line.)

I also knew a pioneer sister (very good friend, too) who played guitar in her free time. She made a tape of it and we listened to it out in service one day (It was kind of an instrumental rock style, like Eric Johnson or Stevie Ray Vaughn). An elderette heard it leaving the parking lot, and claimed to the elders that we were listening to "demonic metal."

We had to literally tie down the PO and get him to listen to the whole demo tape that had NO LYRICS. The sister even called one of her tunes on the tape "An Assured Expectation" (or somethin' like that). The elder conseled us not to play it around others who did not know what it was, for fear of stumbling them.

The electric guitar itself is demonized? I'm sure that's news to Les Paul.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    The elder conseled us not to play it around others who did not know what it was, for fear of stumbling them.

And so it goes inside "Jehovah's organization". If anyone raises a fuss about your personal taste, you are asked to submit to their whims. They're in la-la-land, a pretend spiritual paradise where the most important thing is to "keep up appearances".

You want tolerance, open-mindedness? That's worldly thinking!!

• berylblue
    berylblue

This thread is demonized.

• Badger
    Badger

Hey...DEMONS are demonized!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit