Live your life

by Gadget 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

I just got off the phone to a friend who was at a wedding last saturday. It was a sad day because the groom had cancer and only had a year or so to live. They had a family party on the Sunday and he died suddenly there. His tumor burst into his lungs and he drowned on his blood in front of the whole family. I didn't know him too well but its hit home to me how short life is. How much time have I wasted doing what other people wanted me to do, going to meetings, on field service, studying, etc. I never really believed it, I only ever stayed in because of it was what my parents wanted, why rock the boat etc. If something like that happened to me I wouldn't want my last thoughts to be about why I spent so much of my life following the orders of a book company. I want to go out and life my life as much as I can.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    How much time have I wasted doing what other people wanted me to do, going to meetings, on field service, studying, etc.

It's sad thinking of how much time we've wasted with things (or people) who are no longer relevant in our lives. But you can't cry over spilled milk too much, or you'll waste time doing that. The best thing to do is glance back at it, and make the most of however much time you have in the future.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention..."

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeah ... lots of wastes ...
    please yourself NOW(but take care)

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

I am constantly thinking about this very subject. This life we were given will eventually end and when it happens there is nothing we can do to stop it. It makes me so angry! I don't want to go anywhere else. I just want to keep on living and being with my precious daughter and my husband. I try to live every day like it may be my last. Times when I want to bitch about something they do that rubs me the wrong way, ......I stop and remember how glad I am to have them in my life. No more religion for me, just freedom to live my life for what it is. A small moment in time......................

Thanks for sharing "reality" with us.

Jessica Rabbit

• Simon
    Simon

What a sad story Gadget

I'm living my life to give my kids a good start and I hope to be happy and achieve a lot of things. I hope I'm still around so that they can come back and show me the pictures.

• Valis
    Valis

I would rather die around people I loved than in a hospital writhing in pain or so doped up I couldn't get last glimpses of my family and friends. Very sad, but who is to say when you will go? I always remember that line from third eye blind's song "Send Me All Your Vampires",

"there will be no regrets when the worms come."

I've always taken it to mean that living happily all the way to that end is the only way to go.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Aztec
    Aztec

Gadget, you've got lot's living to do so please go out and do it! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of you living pretty soon.

What a sad story! Makes you appreciate what you do have eh? Even if my son is driving me loopy at least he's healthy and willing to watch Spongebob Squarepants with me.

Thanks Gadget for sharing!

~Aztec

• Dawn
    Dawn

I want to go out and life my life as much as I can.

Yes yes yes!! Do it. We all put aside so many things we wanted to do - but it's not too late to start living. I went back to school to finish my bachelor's degree and started taking jazz dance lessons - two things I wanted to do most. Next year I have made plans to learn how to kayak with my son (something new that looks like fun), and the year after that I want to learn to scuba dive, and the year after that I plan to take culinary art classes on the side just for fun. My plan is to continue learning something new every year of my life.

I am so in love with life now - it's fun, it's interesting, it's exciting -- I wasted a lot of years but I'm making up for lost time. So get to it and enjoy your life.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((Gadget))

Thank you for sharing. What a sad story and yet...if it helps us to realize that life is precious...and each moment is precious...then...it's really not sad because of the good it brings to us.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit