New Ezekiel book topic. Bat shot crazy stuff

by nowwhat? 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Think about being a jw writer and have to write this alternative history stuff. What kind of person you should be?

G.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Few things:

Notice how lovely and multicultural and gender equal the room is. There's even a stereotypical chinaman in the background there next to the naughty man smoking a cigarette. (Even though smoking indoors, especially on government property, is banned in most countries).

Samuel Herd, how up yourself must you be if you really think that all these countries are going to have YOU on the TV screen as someone worthy of interest?

Even if they were trying to get you, the first thing they'd do is take down your broadcasting channel.

8 million JWs? How many are even active? How many are PIMO? I reckon the number of true believers is more like 5-6 million.

Yeah, lets up ISIS on hold and deal with this little group of deluded nuts who think the world is going to end.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

The funniest part is that most JWs would roll over in a heartbeat if things got genuinely serious. If they were forced to renounce their faith by the UN (which would never happen in a trillion years), they'd drop from eight-million to eight-thousand overnight.

• pixel
    pixel

I can only imagine all the comments from the delusional people when commenting THAT picture during the Congregation Book Study!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

When I was a Witness there was a paradoxical situation involving the WBTS rendetion of the "last days" and the "Great Tribulation."

As the WBTS story goes; first the "Wild Beast" of Revelation would turn on the "Harlot." This would begin the Great Tribulation. The WBTS writes that this means the governments of the world would "turn" on false religion.

Later, those same governments would turn on Jehovah's people and thus bring Armageddon.

It was often alluded to the governments of the world would "turn" on false religion buy seizing it's wealth and assets. This is where things got interesting to me. I believed if the governments decided to seize religion's wealth the WBTS would not be exempt. After all, the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society were split into separate identities in the 1990s. We were told not to refer to "The Society" as a source of authority. So, I believed that it was only reasonable that all the Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls, Bethel Homes, other WBTS properties, and all bank accounts would be seized. The WBTS would cease to exist, but the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses would continue on.

Here is where things got somewhat paradoxical. I knew most Witnesses would not believe the Great Tribulation had begun or anything else unless it was put in print by the Watchtower. I knew most Witnesses worshiped the organization and not Jehovah. Even 20 years ago I knew that Witnesses believed that unless it came from HQ in Brooklyn, NY it wasn't "The Truth." That got me to thinking, which is frowned upon by the organization.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Where do we get a copy of this book then?

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

@paleemperor you can download it from their website..if you dare. ;)

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Looks like Dan Lauria (Dad from Wonder Years) calling the shots. Bill Pullman would have been great in this scene BTW.

Is that the back of Jeff Goldblums head on the left?

Eamonn Walker from Lord of War appears to be to the right of Dan Lauria.

On the mind/fear control back screens I see:

1) New commercial style KH

2) Lil Sammy

3) Warwick HQ

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ezekiel was a false prophet, don’t believe me read chapters 29-33

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Never mind Islamic terrorists. We need to focus on an obscure religious group that no one pays any attention to!"

Best. Caption. Ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit