Making sense of nonsense

by Zep 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Zep
    Zep

INTERPRETING THE SCRIPTURES (pg9 Of REVELATION its Grand Climax at Hand)

The Mysteries locked up in the book or revelation have for long baffled sincere students of the Bible. In God's due time, those secrets had to be unlocked, but how, when, and to who? [Hint Hint, who’s the one that’s always proclaiming to have the “Truth truth truth” in all those WT and Awake magazines eh?] Only God's spirit could make known the meaning as the appointed time drew near [Only gods spirit huh...remember this!] Those sacred secrets would be revealed to God's zealous slaves on earth so that they would be strengthened to make known his judgments [So only Gods spirit would make known the meaning of Revelation and he would reveal it to his zealous SLAVES on earth huh...it couldn't be,No, Not the Faithful and discreet SLAVE.The guy who wrote this is as subtle as a sledge hammer]
    It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible.[After dropping a few less than subtle hints as to whom things are to be revealed to, they now throw cold water on everything] Like Joseph of old, we say:"Do not interpretations belong to God?"[That’s right, they belong to God and he reveals them to his zealous Slave via Holy spirit as said above. Also see page 119].At the same time, however,[we are about to contradict ourselves] we firmly believe [In other words CLAIM] that the explanations set forth herein harmonize with the Bible in its entirety, showing[YES SHOWING] how remarkably [REMARKABLY]divine prophecy has been fulfilled [FULFILLED]in the world events of our catastrophic time.[First they Hint that they are the ones God is revealing things through, then they pull back and show a little bit of caution saying they are not infallible, then they throw off that caution and blunder forward and make the very bold CLAIM or Assertion that everything in the book shows how REMARKABLY divine prophecy has been fulfilled. Where do they think this book that SHOWS HOW REMARKABLY DIVINE PROPHECY HAS BEEN FULFILLED came from]..."only gods spirit could make known the meaning as the appointed times drew near"[Inspiration]

So basically they just said: This book is not infallible, it just shows how remarkably divine prophecy has been fulfilled today as revealed by the Holy spirit to us!….Makes perfect sense eh

pg 8 SEARCHING OUT DIVINE SECRETS

As early as 1917, the WT published the book The finished mystery[Amazing that they’d even mention it]…Then, as world events continued to unfold in fulfillment of divine prophecy, a timely two-volume work entitled Light was prepared, being released in 1930. This offered an updated study of Revelation. Light continued to ‘flash up for the righteous’ so that in 1963 the society published the 704pg book “Babylon the Great has fallen” Gods kingdom rules!…As ‘the Path of Righteous ones grew brighter’…there followed another book “Then is finished the Mystery of god”.[Its all a convenient re-write of history, trying to make everything sound all glowing.They use the”light gets brighter” analogy twice to convey an impression to the reader that they always had a large degree of truth in past publications(obviously haven’t seen The finished Mystery) and that any error made was not of any great magnitude but more so just icing on the cake and of little consequence, of which Jehovah himself fixes with “new light” anyway, its very deceptive. In rationalizing things in terms of “new light” a witness can technically admit error to himself but at the same time not have his faith in the FDS violated, they carry on as Gods chosen and everyone’s happy.]
    Further, the opportunity is taken in this volume to provide teaching aids, including illustrations, charts, and summaries, that should help readers to grasp clearly the THRILLING IMPORT of this marvelous prophecy [On the next page they will make a little back down and say “we don’t claim that this book is infallible ”but here they blunder on utterly certain of themselves in proclaiming that this book will help the reader to CLEARLY grasp the “THRILLING IMPORT” of revelation….Nothing like trying to whip the reader up into a little bit euphoria eh!].
    An even stronger reason for publishing this book is the need to keep up-to-date with present truth.[PRESENT TRUTH????, what kind of jargon is this? Truth has really become a meaningless term in WT literature].Jehovah is continually shedding light on the meaning of his word[Jehovah himself huh…When?. JW’s have been wrong so many times and proclaimed error as divine truth before, so how can they be so certain of themselves now and think that Jehovah would even bother with them? Yet they still try and implicate Jehovah in this process to make themselves out to be all righteous and Godly. Maybe they are saying that Jehovah himself is guilty of false prophecy or something?…who knows with FDS????], and we can expect that our understanding of Revelation, along with other prophecies, will be sharpened as we draw closer to the great tribulation[ more empty rhetoric].
    Nevertheless, this good news will also fortify the faith of those millions who look forward to everlasting life under Christ’s Kingdom.Are you one of these?.Then the revelation will strengthen your hope of living in Paradise, as part of the new earth, with the enjoyment of an abundance of peace, vibrant health, and an overflow of God’s provision will never end.If you want to survive into the new world, it is urgent, yes, MANDITORY, that you pay attention to Revelations description of the epoch-making climax now at hand![ whole lotta certainty here as they try and whip up the readers hopes and faith in their book with not the slightest caution or inkling that they could be wrong, says a lot about how genuine they were when they proclaimed that the book is not infallible on pg9]

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

“THRILLING IMPORT” LOL Who talks like that any more. Is it the year 2000 yet?

"PRESENT TRUTH" LOL I guess anything not "present truth" was "PAST LIES".

Path

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Zep,

Now I am impressed. Having raised two boys and a snotty girl, it takes a lot to impress me.

Btw, does "eh" mean the same thing as when redneck Americans (like me) say "huh?"

I have not read your indepth post thoroughly yet, but I'm sure I'll come away saying: Look at them Australians - good bloks, eh? Or something similar......

waiting

• Zep
    Zep

eh=huh...yeah!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Zep,

Just wondering, is the "divine inspiritation" that the GB and FDS recieve the same "divine inspirition" that the writers of the NT received?
    ...by dub definiitions, I mean....

carmel

• Zep
    Zep

I wouldn't even want get into that.The WT's probably got some more bizarre logic(in other words DOUBLETALK) to explain things.WT logic is all over the place, its contradiction after contradiction...YEs, No, Yes ,NO blah blah blah Thats the WT for you Carmel!.Trying to understand them drives you crazy until you realize they are just full of it and make no sense!

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Zep - would you eat poison? Then why would you read it?

seven posted The Velveteen Rabbit down in the kiddies forum - far more edifying!-SolidSender

• Zep
    Zep

Why would i read it?...good for a laugh Solid. Have you ever gone over and read THE LIST, now thats hilarious stuff.Rutherford was one screwy individual!.WT literature aint poison to me, its comedy mate!

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Zep,

gotta admit at first glance of your post my mind went into seizure ( a sign that I’m healing ?) thinking what you’d done was cut and paste in a couple of pages direct from one of Franz Christian Andersons Fairy Tales and I was going to have to have a relapse if I read it.

I took a break for ten minutes, came back to it and against my better judgement began reading. A classic analysis of the text. I feel like such a dope for actually having believed that BS for 15 years of my life.

The Society now seems like some kinda bizarre aliens the Space Family Robinson would meet on one of their famous planetary detours along the way to Alpha Centauri.

I can imagine Dr Smith sacrificing Will to them in exchange for a ticket back to earth. Can you blame him? -SolidSender

• Zep
    Zep

15 years sheesh.....For a few years there myself, i trusted everything they said, they carried a lot of weight with me for awhile.
    You know what my new years resolution was, it was to start going to KH...can you believe that HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHH HA HA............HA!.I took a detour on the internet instead... and stayed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit