Judgment Day in Russia

by Tahoe 19 Replies latest social current

• carla
    carla

"are calling on the international community to help them protect their right to worship freely"-

They ask the help of the same international community that they hope is destroyed at the big A? They dare to come to satans domain for help?

They wish to worship freely yet deny the same freedom to members who wish worship differently or not at all and to leave with intact families?

The problem with stories like this hitting mainstream news is that the public knows so little about jw's they will see it as some quirky 'church' maybe a bit weird being 'persecuted'. It is not politically correct to say, 'I wonder why they are after the jw's and who else might they be 'persecuting'". The public often has a view that cults are always like on tv or must be more like Jim Jones, if they even remember that. They don't realize that a cult is in their neighborhood knocking on their doors.

Maybe one day they will be looked like the Moonies at public spaces trying to sell flowers, there are the jw's standing by their carts not talking to anybody......crazy, sad cultists.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Carla: are calling on the international community to help them protect their right to worship freely"-
    They ask the help of the same international community that they hope is destroyed at the big A? They dare to come to satans domain for help?
    They wish to worship freely yet deny the same freedom to members who wish worship differently or not at all and to leave with intact families?

Exactly.

And you just gotta love it when a Christian Scientist journalist is the one to write up the org's whining for those horrible worldly people to read.

• AlexPancho
    AlexPancho

In general, in Russia the authorities act fairly competently: JW Organization recognizes Extremistics, but not JW religion. They do not arrest everyone in a row, but only elders. Further, if into the elders find the Society literature, letters, maps, it will be proved that he was engaged in the Organization, because to just believe in God, all this is not necessary.

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

I know they like to appeal to the european courts , I can't imagine them trying to get support from the other churches they condemn , same for political parties , jesus said I think , woah to you if the world speaks well of you , (something like that ) they are supposed to be thrilled of the sign persecution on them , the apostles thought so anyway , they didn't whine and cry about it .

• cofty
    cofty
    I know they like to appeal to the european courts

Russia isn't in Europe.

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

oh yah right it's in asia , silly me , oooh come on

• Corney
    Corney

The problem with stories like this hitting mainstream news is that the public knows so little about jw's they will see it as some quirky 'church' maybe a bit weird being 'persecuted'.

The Witnesses in Russia are unlawfully persecuted.

In general, in Russia the authorities act fairly competently

In general, they act unlawfully and fraudulently.

JW Organization recognizes Extremistics

...by the ridiculous poorly reasoned BS judgment of the Supreme Kangaroo "Court".

but not JW religion

In fact, the entire religion was banned.

They do not arrest everyone in a row, but only elders.

First, this doesn't matter at all. Second, this can and will change.

because to just believe in God, all this is not necessary.

It is not a secular state's right to decide what is necessary to believe in God.

Russia isn't in Europe.

Russia is a CoE member state and is under jurisdiction of the ECtHR.

• cofty
    cofty
    Russia is a CoE member state and is under jurisdiction of the ECtHR

It is but it has passed laws allowing it to ignore all judgements by the court that affect human rights. As of a few months ago it was reported to be considering full withdrawal.

• menrov
    menrov

It says: "despite the fact that respected international human rights organizations have condemned their actions"

I wonder what the WBTS consider "respected international human rights organisations".. Probably only those that they can use to their own benefit, despite such organisations are part of, what WT calls, satans world.

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

yah that is vague , which ones are respectable ? sounds like they are looking at UN organizations of which they insist is the scarlet beast under satanic direction . They like to flip flop on where the world governments stand , one minute satanic the next they are put there by Jesus (romans 13) . Revelations shows that the human authorities give their authority to the beast and satan during the end times according to their own beliefs in the grand climax book .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit