Spiritual paradise is a heart condition and not connected to and ORG, that's what they said?

by Crazyguy 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

According to a post over at Reddit this was said at the annual meeting. Did anyone else hear this? This is huge and very telling if they did actually say this. Anyone have details and when during the day they said it?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I didn't but either way, to me the concept of spiritual paradise is the JW equivalent of a UFO coming to rescue us from Earth (that's from the Heaven's Gate cult).
  • purrpurr
    purrpurr

I have been thinking for years that at some point they will claim that the paradise will be spiritual rather than literall. I wonder if this is them phasing that in?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

With phrases like this and others I've heard over the last couple of years it's kinda making me think they'll use a phrase like this as they shut up shop and wave good by. Maybe even claiming their being called home. So they sneak out the back door.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Maybe even claiming their being called home. So they sneak out the back door.

....disappearing in the twinkling of an eye. To the Cayman Islands. lol

I have thought the same thing as purrpurr. Paradise is figurative not literal.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CRAZY GUY & PURPUR:

I agree with you that this is huge and very telling if, in fact, they meant this.

If they are gradually phasing in this new belief, I feel VERY sorry for all the JWs hanging on and waiting for their literal paradise where they will grow young again and the dead will be resurrected. I was wise to have purged my mind of this teaching when I first walked away.

I felt it was unhealthy for somebody's mind to be teased with something that may not be true.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I wish I knew where during the annual meeting this was said because it shows how delusional they are. I would play it for my wife to show her how their just making crap up. This statement if said is really huge and we should try to find out if it was really said!!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Found the talk thanks to wifi bandit. It seems that what was really being said is that if you are part of gods organization then your now living in spiritual paradise. I remember when I was still in how much of a paradises it really was, puke !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think the OP is phrased wrong ,I can go back more than 25 years and it was taught we were living in a spiritual paradise even then and were looking forward to the day when the literal paradise would become a reality .

Nothing new to see here.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Relevant section of Lösch's talk is at 1h 31m 37s :

https://youtu.be/k0_6GweYEpU?t=1h31m37s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit