JWs destroy archaelogical artifacts

by John Doe 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Jehovah's Witnesses all over the world have been destroying religious artifacts for decades. In their own home - historical items of value to their ancestry.

I am sure that the majority of us, if not all, have destroyed something we thought was demon possessed at one time. Items of questionable origin - that we thought were pagan. I have. Years ago. When I still was bound by the superstitions that the WTS taught me. My older brother burned a cross that hung on the wall of an apartment he rented - it wasn't his. A beautiful cross

We all did it 'behind closed doors' - items that belonged to us. And sometimes that belonged to other people.

The accused JWs in this case are acting no differently, if true - they destroyed something that they thought belonged to them.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

There was a press release stated. Just now.

With regards to the Otomi Temple that JW's supposedly destroyed, here is the official press release:

It reads (translated from Spanish):

"To whom it may concern:

We refer to a news that appeared on different media accusing Jehovah's Witnesses of participating in the destruction of an Otomí altar in the archaeological site of San Bartolo Tutotepec, Hidalgo.

It is disconcerting that a news like this has been generated and that it has been given widespread difusion, the case being that Jehovah's Witnesses had nothing to do with the matter.

We asked around to the congregations that may be close to the place and we reached the conclusion that the news is false and biased. Not even the local authorities have received a similar complaint.

Jehovah's Witnesses are respectful to people of other religions. As we base ourselves in the Bible, we follow this Biblical advice: "Respect everybody." (1 Peter 2:17, El libro del Pueblo de Dios).

As a sample, in our website you can find publications that we translate to over 60 different native languages of our country and which contribute to the education and improvement of human relations.

This is why we have respectfully asked different media that a correction be done in the slanderous declarations that have been made indicating that Jehovah's Witnesses had nothing to do with this vandalous act being attributed to them."

If the news is found to be true, then this press release will show the extent to which JW's lie to protect the image of the religion. If the news is found to be false, then this upsets me a lot because JW's will have a reason to not trust (at the very least) the Mexican media when it comes to the JW's, and even perhaps media such as the New York Times.

The silver lining is that, whereas the Mexican media directly accuses JW's, the AP-based media correctly states that JW's are only ACCUSED of the action.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This false news story brought to you by jwdotborg. Please check out our website where you will find we are law abiding citizens.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Who ever committed this crime (JW or not) will be in serious doodoo if caught by the authorities. Damaging or defacing artifacts deemed by the Mexican government to be part of the "Patrimonio Nacional" (National Heritage) is more severely punished than crimes committed against an individual if I am not mistaken.

• jws
    jws

If it IS found to be false, they will view it as persecution. They are blaming God's people.

Sorry, ILoveTTATT2, but I'm with them on not trusting the media. Even the NY Times has some bad journalism.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

JWs didn't do it because either:

1) the people who did it were not JWs

or,

2) if the people who did it were JWs then they weren't real JWs because real JWs would do that

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I can believe some rabid JWs would do this sort of thing.

There was a guy in my cong that went around town pulling down xmas decorations when noone was looking, and he was considered "zealous."

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Hahaha!

please check our website

*pssst...and please don't look up 'theocratic warfare'....and see? my lips aren't moving...we don't lie!!!!Just ask Jackson and all the good old boys down under! We always tell Da Troof

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

A similar "scare" developed when it was reported that Sirhan Sirhan (murderer of Robert Kennedy, JFK's brother) was from a Jehovah's Witness family.

There was a fearless and searching inventory of congregations for any supporting evidence followed by a blanket denial.

JW's cannot afford any public outcry which equates them with the Islamic iconoclast group which destroyed ancient shrines.
    The ability to get out ahead of a negative story and spin it is really important.

I find the reasons given why it could not have been JW's very unimaginative and unconvincing. They need to try harder than, "We translate or propaganda into foreign languages, therefore we must be very inclusive in our superstitious taboos."

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Judge for yourselves if the JW's are guilty or not. Here is video testimony from many people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5h5Kr68Bw&feature=youtu.be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit