A concise list for my therapist...any suggestions?

by Straw Man 13 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe you should look for another therapist who deals with and understands Cults and how to help those leaving them..

It shouldn`t be up to you to educate your therapist that JW`s are a Cult and then for her to help you ?

Dump her and look for one who knows where you are coming from .

Welcome to the board Straw man ,but you are behind the 8 ball if you have to educate your therapist that JW`s are a cult religion , you need to see someone more mature and more experienced for you to get the help you are looking for.

Take care my friend and best of luck.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Smiddy beat me to it, you are spending your hard earned cash with the wrong person.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I agree with the previous two posters. Your therapist seems really inexperienced in dealing with the problems taking you to therapy. Personally, I hate the idea of paying out of (my) pocket to train someone.

I have found that most therapists, like most people in general, do not understand the dynamics of being IN the JW religion/Cult nor (and more importantly) LEAVING the JW religion/Cult.

Good luck!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Straw Man
    Straw Man

thanks everyone

fortunately I don't have to pay for my therapy as I'm so dirt poor I get state assisted medical care. The therapist I have right now is an intern and soon I will be assigned to one of the regular counselors who are currently behind. I was hoping to enlighten my current therapist for the sake of any current of former witnesses she may come across in the future.

thanks for all the links and the advice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit