Do you think the brothers who wrote watchtower articles are living in real world?

by Longlivetherenegades 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Sorry but I do think they believe what they write. I understand a pastor living in a mansion, driving cars and private plane. Having millions or billions in dollars is hundred procent into his scam. But living in bethel in a room, surrounded by other jws that spend most of their time judging others. Either you believe hundred procent or are hundred procent crazy. There's to little benefits wasting your life in bethel.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

GB members don't live in a room. They get an apartment.

They still get the head of the table honorable seats where ever they go in Bethel or any other place. That easily goes to a person's head whether you believe it or not

• joao
    joao

If you read Crisis of Conscience, by Raymond Franz, you'll see how hard their lives are!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Hellothere: Sorry but I do think they believe what they write.

I get what you are saying, and a part of me thinks you are right. But it is also difficult to comprehend-- these are men who know about the false predictions and all of the strange things that were written and said in the past. They have to know, I cannot imagine how they are not aware of the organization's past. How can they know these things and still feel they are in the right?

And yet, I have known men who were in for decades and believed devoutly, even though I know that they had to know of that history (because some had even lived it!). The way our minds can wall off thoughts and ideas that make us uncomfortable is as amazing as it is troubling.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

joao

If you read Crisis of Conscience, by Raymond Franz, you'll see how hard their lives really are!

Franz hasn't been there for a very long time. Yes it is a lot of work. They will use people until they can't work anymore. And it is a very structured life.

Many people don't do well in that kind of environment. Some thrive it is. I suspect those who thrive stay the longest, as long as they are good workers. The slackers or those who don't do well are sent home.

Believe me, the higher up the chain you are the better the perks. Ask anyone here who has been to Bethel

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I have called bethel over 100 xs and asked questions about 1914 , revelation climax book and all the lies they printed about " millions will never die". It is very clear to me the know they are lying. They make your local politicians look honest. They know that they are lairs and FUDGE. THE BOOKS

• joao
    joao

@Lee Marsh

Yes, I know that. No need to ask. 😀 I've been reading quite a lot for a long time. And they've never conquered me completely! 😉 I'm too curious, too inquisitive.

• fulano
    fulano

Lee Marsh.

GB members, believe it or not, did (do I don’t know) live in rooms. We had John Barr’s kindly offered room in Patterson for two weeks, just because we were missionaries and were temporally in his Brooklyn Heights congregation and had to live in their room untill another (smaller yes) was available.

Please stop exaggerating about private planes, expensive suits, expensive cars and Rolexes. Even if the have expensive items, they are gifts or saved for,

You make yourself ridiculous speaking without knowing them and having dealt with them. But yes, we left in 2000 so it might have been changed.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

GB2 and the uppers have flashed rolexes, apples, and their suits definitely are not even mens warehouse quality. We have also seen the brownstones kept for the upper echelons. Stories of temper tantrums over the lake view from the APARTMENTS.

In knorrs day there was an off limits area known as the most holy

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Fulano

Please stop exaggerating about private planes, expensive suits, expensive cars and Rolexes. Even if the have expensive items, they are gifts or saved for,

You make yourself ridiculous speaking without knowing them and having dealt with them.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I only mentioned their apartments. I do agree some things may be gifts. But they do live better than the average Bethel resident.

I do wonder how you would know if I knew any of them or not? Don’t call me ridiculous when you don’t know much about me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit