Has anyone else recently been contacted by a once close JW friend or relative? Could this be a new JW tactic?

by Latte 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Witnesses are calling folks who were once in the truth or not in the truth...they need to vent...many are starting to see the lies and deceit..but they can't trust any active witness so just they contact those who they think are safe...they first feel you out by asking if you went to the assembly, etc, that's to flush out if you are still drinking the kool-aide...I say as time goes along, many of us will be contacted by those who are still in but can't talk to anyone...

Just think the very people they turned their backs on, now these same people they turn to ...amazing...

Tor

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Hi Tori, I really hope that you are right. It would be so nice to help someone like that. My still in sister is like a stepford wife, it freaks me out. Gosh I hope these people wake up from the craziness.

• steve2
    steve2

Latte, what reason did she give for contacting you after such a long time? It seems a legitimate thing for you to wonder. Or if she didn't say, did it seem like she had an agenda such as promoting the latest Regional Convention? Has she said she'll stay in contact? I'd be tempted ask, "What gives?"

• Latte
    Latte

Dozy, I think you've nailed it!

I honestly think the individuals concerned can alway say to others "yeah - I contacted Dozy last year , but he wasn't interested." It's a kind of "covering your ass" statement and justification to themselves that they have made an effort ( albeit a token one. )

This is my gut feeling about her calling. Her brother and his wife are missionaries and are visiting right now...perhaps this motivated her to 'cover her ass' as you said. She made two references to make it clear she is still a JW.

I don't think I need waste any time meeting with her.

I was soooo hoping that she had called to inform me that they had doubts and had finally realized what it was all about.......

Thank you everyone for all your comments...most grateful

XX

• Latte
    Latte

Steve2,

She gave no reason...it was just like we hadn't chatted in say a week or so...surreal really! If she calls again I will definitely have to ask that question. I feel a tad mad about it really. I have missed and needed her in my life. A lot has happened where I needed support of my lifelong friends. Such is the JW conditional 'love'.

• steve2
    steve2

I have missed and needed her in my life. A lot has happened where I needed support of my lifelong friends. Such is the JW conditional 'love'.

yes, I know what you mean. Before I left there were so many opportunities for JWs to have popped in to see me, but they were no where around. And, after I left, their infrequent visits had a 'checking up' on me quality, like they were fishing for something they could gossip about.

I often asked myself, Where were they when I needed them?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Latte, the reason I came on this forum was because a friend of my late husband suddenly got in touch five years ago after shunning us for 24 years. No reason given, and she kept talking about the religion even though I said I didn't believe it any more. Like you I thought what's going on and thought maybe I'd find something on this forum to explain it.

For a while I kept replying to her letters talking about normal stuff, my daughter, our holidays, but the JW stuff was continually being slipped into her letters. Finally got really annoyed when she said surely I wanted to return, didn't I want to see my husband again. I got cross, I hate emotional blackmail. Playing on someone's grief is the worse kind. I told her about the ARC. Her reply was to send me that Return to Jehovah rag. I sent her a Christmas card. Result - peace at last.

• steve2
    steve2

Xanthippe - sending her a Christmas card! Brilliantly targeted and effective.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Has anyone else recently been contacted by a once close JW friend or relative? Could this be a new JW tactic?

Ya...

Every once in a while the WBT$ has a big push for JW`s to contact people who have walked away.

A relative of mine was recently contacted.

It`s always the same old line:

"Have you noticed how bad the world is getting lately?.....Blah-blah-blah."

My reply is:

"The world will always look like shit, when your head is stuck up your ass."

That seems to be a conversation stopper.

WatchTowers/JW`s View of The Outside World.

Image result for head stuck up ass

• steve2
    steve2

My reply is:

"The world will always look like shit, when your head is stuck up your ass."

That seems to be a conversation stopper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit