I think Christmas is totally.....

by The Rebel 10 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

for the kids:-

So yesterday in accordance with my boys wish, we put the Christmas tree and decorations up. Ridiculously early I know, but it made him happy, and even I found decorating the tree fun.

The Rebel.

• jhine
    jhine

Wow , how many adults use the " it's for the kids " excuse . lol . So handy for going to see the latest Dysney film , cuing to get a present from Santa etc .

Jan

• alanv
    alanv

I know I am in the minority but I just cant get excited about xmas. I feel it was the one thing JWs got right So many people say I better buy a present or send a card to so and so as they will probably be sending one to me. And I certainly dont wait till xmas to invite friends and family round like some do. I understand that it is mainly for kids, but once they have flown the next I see no reason to continue some totally commercial celebration.

Just saying

• jhine
    jhine

Alanv , if you haven't already , try going just once , for the experience , to a midnight mass ( Christmas Eve ) service . See the religious side of Christmas for a change . I don't necessarily mean a Catholic service , all Christmas Eve services are called masses .

Jan

I

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    I like.

Me already thinking about gift for wife and daughters.

You will find me testing the latest parfums, fragrances for women...

I like christmas.
  • cognac
    cognac

I went Christmas shopping the day before Christmas when my daughter was 2.

I was so excited, I didn't even have enough patience to wrap the presents, never mind waiting until the next day.

Hell, I couldn't even wait for her nap to be over.

I woke her up and proceeded to celebrate right then and there. 😂😂😂

So far, I've enjoyed the holidays much more then the kids. I completely go into 4 year old mode... 😂😂😂

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I still think Christmas is too commercialized. I know of "worldly" friends that go into debt each year running up their credit card balances buying extravagant gifts for loved ones, and bullshit worthless obligatory gifts for people they really don't like.

Scrooge

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

As a witness, when my kid was born I had a lot of time other fathers wouldn't have had with a new born baby. That was a great thing about being a witness, a lot of time was spent at home.

Now i have my boys Christmas wish list, and yea I can now buy him the computer, the headphones, the what ever on that list. But most importantly,having left the organisation i was wise enough or lucky enough to realise days in the park, or on swings, or in the swimming pool, ect ect ect...are the most important.....not the rut-race.

The Rebel

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The over commercialization of Christmas is annoying to a majority of the population which brings on a lot of eventful stress and grief. The procuring gifts such as who is buying what for whom , who is doing this and that, brings on its own problems. That's why my favorite thing to do is just take a holiday in the tropics during that time, trying to skip over all the hoopla.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I love love love love love christmas. Everything gets so warm and cozy inside when it's so cold and dark outside. I love the baking, the tree, the stockings, the carols, the church traditions, the nutcracker, the crafts, the concerts, the lights, Christmas shopping, wrapping, everything!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit