Baptism - a symbol of dedication to Jehovah

by Nosferatu 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

It just came back to me that baptism is just a stupid public display, letting everyone know that you've dedicated your life to Jehovah. I think it's funny how the elders can tell if you've undedicated your life to Jehovah, and they disfellowship you. Now who's choice was it to dedicate your life to Jehovah?

Anyway, here's the question I have. When you meet with the Elders and tell them you've dedicated your life to Jehovah, can you be Disfellowshipped before you're baptized?

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Hi Nosferatu! Baptism is not a "stupid public display" because you sincerely show the witnesses JEHOVAH and other people your willingness (dedication) to "kill" your sinful life and then live your life according to His Will. No elders have the right or autorization to disfellowship you from His Congregation, no matter if you are baptized or not. But sorry to say, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they have this autorization from JEHOVAH GOD. That is not true! Do you believe me Nosferatu what I say? Benny Sikter, Sweden

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Excuse me, but do I spell "autorization" right? Maybe "authorization" is better? ;-)

Benny Sikter

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Do you believe me Nosferatu what I say?

Thanx for answering my question, Benny. :rolleyes:

you sincerely show the witnesses JEHOVAH and other people your willingness (dedication) to "kill" your sinful life and then live your life according to His Will.

Unfortunately, a sinful life consists of being open to others' opinions, learning how to deal with your own personal problems, and building your life on your own personal happiness.

No elders have the right or autorization to disfellowship you from His Congregation

But they take on this authorization anyway. Did they truly put behind THEIR sinful lives when they were baptized? No, they created NEW sinful lives.

I can tell you're an active dub. I was never baptized. I was too smart to fall into that trap.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Baptism - symbolic of contrition

From a stream of judgement (Jor-dan) will come the tears that cover our eyes

Some already have this water - some are dry - some have become dry - there is a stream that will never run dry

• Benny Sikter
    Benny Sikter

Hello again! I am not an active dub as you say! Why do you say this to me? Baptism is not a trap to fall into. It is just a symbolic act showing interest in following God. No humans on earth and no elders in the congregations have anything to do with it. It is an individual step. The religion of Jehovah's Witnesses will be put to eternal death by JEHOVAH GOD because they, among other things, take on the authorization to disfellowship people from His congregation. All these sinful elders, no matter if they are properly baptized or not, will also be removed as His representatives in His due time. Be sure of that. Benny Sikter

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No it is a symbol of total obedience to the WTBTS and its representatives -- it is in no way w symbol of dedication to God

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Sorry Benny, I took your answer the wrong way. I'm guessing you're one of the few here who still believe in Jehovah.

The religion of Jehovah's Witnesses will be put to eternal death by JEHOVAH GOD because they, among other things, take on the authorization to disfellowship people from His congregation.

This is where you have me questioning what you believe. It sounds like you still believe that the Faithful & Discreet Slave is still Jehovah's earthly channel.

So, what do you believe? I just need to understand where you're coming from.

And for anyone else out there, I still need my question answered. Can you get disfellowshipped in the time between dedication and baptism?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

nosferatu -- no I can not remember the exact issue but it was a 1988 watchtower that laid out the new rules -- you can only get the Big D after baptism

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    you can only get the Big D after baptism

That's pretty stupid. Baptism is supposed to be symbolic, and the dedication takes place BEFORE baptism. Dedication should be the real issue, not the baptism.

Pretty f#%&ing stupid if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit