Can a righteous God be one-sided?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Then the question should entail why has god let mankind suffer for over 2000 years when he sent his only begotten son to cure and rid humanity of its troubles and perils ?

I think that question is within the scope of the OP.

The biblical answer is that we are not born God's children, so he has no parental obligation toward us as he would a son.

But, even with no obligation, He offers sonship, and the parental obligations and benefits that go along with that, to everyone who wants it.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

So you are saying it took a house fire to question God? Weren't the famines, cancer, suffering, crime, homelessness, pandemics, and stories about flooding the entire world to kill a few humans enough?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

According to an old Hindu legend, there was a time when all human beings were gods, but they abused their divinity. So, Brahma, the chief god, decided to take the divinity away from them and hide it somewhere they could never find it.

Brahma called a council of the gods to help him decide where to hide the divinity. “Let’s bury it deep in the earth,” said the gods. But Brahma answered, “Humans will dig into the earth and find it.” Some gods suggested, “Let’s sink it in the deepest ocean.” But Brahma said, “No, Human will learn to dive into the ocean and will find it.” Then some gods suggested, “Let’s take it to the top of the highest mountain and hide it there.” Brahma replied, “Human will eventually climb every mountain and take up their divinity.” Then all the gods gave up and said, “We do not know where to hide it, because it seems that there is no place on earth or ocean that human beings will not eventually reach.”

Brahma thought for a long time said, “We will hide their divinity deep into the center of their own being, Humans will search for it here and there but they wont look for the divinity inside their true selves”

All the gods agreed that this was the perfect hiding place, and the deed was done. And since then, humans have been going up and down the earth, digging, diving, climbing, and exploring, searching for something, which already lies within themselves.

“Divinity lies within us all”

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    So you are saying it took a house fire to question God? Weren't the famines, cancer, suffering, crime, homelessness, pandemics, and stories about flooding the entire world to kill a few humans enough?

Here is what I wrote:

I don't know the answer any more. I have become an agnostic!

This thread I started really punched me in the gut a couple of days ago.

I received an e-mail asking if I would like to donate money on a GoFundMe account that was started for the surviving husband who lost his wife and four children. I purchase landscape equipment from the company who started the GoFundMe account. He is an employee of the company. I have never met him, but this tragedy really touched my heart!

I read that the Mexican government paid all expenses to fly family members to the United States for the funeral. The funeral home waived all their fees and the Catholic Church is helping the father of the victims any way they can.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I read that the Mexican government paid all expenses to fly family members

to the United States for the funeral.

The funeral home waived all their fees and the Catholic Church is helping the father of the victims any way they can.

If godly devotion directs and inspires people to care for the disadvantaged, hurt and sick, then let it be.

Humanism and compassion for one another can be draw out from various conceptual ideologies.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

The argument I would make is; More JWs equals more people saved so in effect a KH would be more important than the lives of a couple people that can be resurrected anyway.

I'm also pretty sure that hurricane they brag about went on to devastate several other islands in the area.

Of course Brady getting another Superbowl ring trumps everything.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Yahweh was a one sided god that supported the ancient Hebrews who worshiped him to do terrible things to people who were not his chosen people but expected his chosen ones to behave internally as righteous moral people.

Go figure ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit