Secret Dating

by pinkpizza 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• pinkpizza
    pinkpizza

So I moved out of my small town into the big city and staying with an older sister I’ve been having some fun in the big city wink wink. But I have a good standing with the congregation in the city they are nice but don’t really pay a lot of attention to me. I have been dating a “worldly guy” who is amazing love him but the older sister said he wasn’t allowed in the house. Fast forward like 5 months and I moved out but still on good terms and go to the meetings sometimes I don’t think the older sister has said anything to anyone I’m pretty sure she assumed I stop seeing him. But now no one knows where I live and they can’t control me. My dad knows he is still in the small town and being annoying and still trying to shame me for dating someone I love. But I’m pretty happy now just don’t want certain people to find out and gossip

• stillin
    stillin

Don't be naive. It's a jungle out there.

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Date who you want, have sex with who you want, love who you want, dont let people RULE your life.

Just be safe.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Pink,

You are not the first person who made an assumption that this site was a part of the JW religion. You will find the same thing on other sites. There is a lot of anger about the WTBTS, Elders, etc. Your dating options and living arrangement..... wink wink..... are the least of our concerns.

The internet has made it possible to counter the dogma of the WTBTS.

A quick read of just the subject headings would have told you that this is a non believing former ex JW site. And or a site that helps people gain their freedom.

Is it up to this forum to put a red banner up warning that this is an apostate site? No because we are non believing JW's after years of experience and we are not apostates.

Normally people that arrive here are concerned with losing family and friends....... even their jobs if they went to work for a JW. If you want out of the JW world with minimal damage this is one of the best sites around. If you want to stay in but duck getting involved with a DF issue we can help.

I would encourage you to make it a point to read a sites homepage. To stay in the shadows before you jump in.

You missed the sign that said there is no life guard on this beach .......swim at your own risk.

Good luck to you.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Did you really come here to brag to us about (wink wink) your sex life?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"You are not the first person who made an assumption that this site was a part of the JW religion. You will find the same thing on other sites. There is a lot of anger about the WTBTS, Elders, etc. Your dating options and living arrangement..... wink wink..... are the least of our concerns."

Pinkpizza: After reading your post, I got the impression that you, like most of us here, are another former JW trying to navigate your way through the difficult waters one encounters when transitioning into the non JW life .I got the idea that you knew well what this site was about and came here for a little support from those of us in the same boat.

Or did I miss something?

Anyway, it sounds like you're well on your way out and have managed to keep things relatively intact with your family. If I have any advice to offer, it would be to be aware that as a former JW you may still be a bit too trusting of others. This is oftern the case for young and or inexperienced people and especially so for former JW's who were used to giving our trust to people we've only just met.

Even though the JW religion isn't the absolute truth in this world, there were certain protections and safeguards that came along with being part of it. Be sure not to toss all of the moral values and rules of conduct aside because you don't want to be a JW and because you mistakenly think that JW's are the only one who follow them.

When speaking of non JW's or "the world" Witnesses like compare themselves to the worst examples out there. They make it seem as if it's impossible to live a clean upstanding life unless you're "in the Truth". Often, those of us who were raised JW, have a very black and white viewpoint about this at first and assume no one but JW"s have moral standards. Some even assume that once you're not a JW, you automatically have to run out and start living some debauched lifestyle and they get themselves into some serious trouble or make some unwise choices.

Hopefully you are taking this into consideration as you adjust to life outside the "organization".

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Great advice and well said PH!

• unsure
    unsure

@pinkpizza

There are many wonderful members on here that can guide you on your path of leaving the dangerous Jehovah's Witness cult.

I would also suggest visiting jwfacts.com

All the best.

• steve2
    steve2

“Pinkie, mother calling again: if I’ve told you once, I’ve told you one hundred times, put those men out with the cat at night and get home right now.”

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Often, those of us who were raised JW...assume no one but JW"s have moral standards. Some even assume that once you're not a JW, you automatically have to run out and start living some debauched lifestyle and they get themselves into some serious trouble...

Nicely said and absolutely true.

JWs are supposed to think that if you leave the Organization your life will descend into drug abuse, alcoholism, or some perverted life style. Generated by Watchtower it's a complete myth, by design, because it's a one of the hooks that keeps you following a man-made religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit