What Things Used To Bother Your Conscience???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

nosferatu says Things that bothered my conscience:

1) Masturbation
    2) Talking to the opposite sex
    3) Swearing
    4) Denying I was a JW

I agree -- mine were the same -- though I would add giving/receiving oral sex

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

gee whiz Minimus are you sure that my father wasn't that elder in your congregation? Sounds just like him.

Once I had a beautiful sculpture of a madator and a bull, and one sister came into my home and told me that it offended her, so in order not to stumble her I destroyed them and with tears to boot. Not to long after that she gave birth to a boy who was born with a cyrstalized brain. She couldn'd handle it nor her husband, because according to her he was not supportive. She took off to the Yukon and is supposetly living happily ever after with a man she committed adultry with. So I am out a beautiful sculpture and her wonderful husband is without that son of a bitch...

I am no saintand I can't throw stones but like I said in my remarks earlier. I am sure happy to be away from all the insanity that was and is heaped upon JWS.

Orangefatcat/

• shamus
    shamus

Toasting.

Fortune cookies.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Rock music. I always had 2 sets of CD's I kept with me. The ones I listened to around dubbies and the ones I would listen to by myself. The ones I had with dubbies were such bands like the Cure and 3 Doors Down. The ones I had by myself was Gwar, Type O Negative, Theatre Of Tragedy, Rammstein, and Switchblade Symphony (They weren't liked around these parts because they had the "Gothic" title attatched to them.)

Another thing that bothered my concience was when me and my then girlfriend would have phone sex and play webcam games after meeting. My dad caught me once and I didn't talk to him for 3 days straight.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Ditto for me too. Great question Minimus.

Oral sex for me.

Me and my wife went like (seriously) 7 years or so before we did it.

I stuck STRICTLY to the watchtower on everything.

• avishai
    avishai

CRR!! I dig all those bands! Well, maybe not three doors down, but the rest, anyway!

• minimus
    minimus

CONFUCIOUS----You're WAY too dedicated, man! I think there was a time and a place to "ignore your conscience".

• jwbot
    jwbot

I never felt bad about what I did, but I would get pissed when some annonymous person would bitch about how something they spied on me and saw me doing was going to stumble them, and then I couldn't do perfectly normal things anymore.

• mommy1
    mommy1

When I was a child my conscience would bother when I would say the pledge at school or celebrate holidays at school even though my teachers knew I was a JW kid none of them ratted me out to my parents.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

When they used to charge for the magazines....I knew it was wrong and I wouldn't do it.....

JW gossip

Disfellowshipping "talks" where the reason was ALWAYS revealed....

shunning

people being disf'd for no good reason....df-ing unsupported by scriptures and even when someone claimed repentance...*sshole elders!

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit