weird JW Zone ideas on s11

by blackout 12 Replies latest jw friends

• blackout
    blackout

I thought this post from JW Zone was pretty bizarre yet indicative, interesting JW take on Sept 11.

Ohttp://www.jwzone.org/forums/showthread.php?s=b803e894ac60f4544122765894e2a8cf&threadid=8037&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 On sept 11 I had just got back from st work with my dad to meet the group at the kh when we had heard over the radio that the first tower was hit. I had conducted the group and everyone's mind wasn't on the text frankly. Then before we were able to say the prayer, a sister came running in and said that another plane hit the second tower. At that point, I wondered if it wouldn't be better just to send everyone home since a lot of the group had family in ny and literally had their their cell phones out calling them just to find busy signals. When I asked everyone they still wanted to go out. (After all...if it was the start of the great tribulation, wouldn't you want to play it safe and score some major points by being out in service???)
    We got into the territory and a lot of people were busy watching the tv. At one door, I was doing my presentation and the first tower colapsed. The lady literally started screaming and slammed her door. I was tempted to knock on the door again and ask to come in and watch her tv. At another door a pioneer sister got screamed at so at that point I got back in my car and drove to the groups in the territory and told everyone to pack it up. Part of me was also seriously curious to go home and see all of this happening on tv.

• blondie
    blondie

blackout, I think you have to cut and paste it for us.

Blondie

• blackout
    blackout

This bit also caught my attention

The realism of it all didn't hit me until I got home and turned on the TV. I started balling my eyes out at what I saw. Children cheering over the deaths of innocent ones because of what they have been taught to believe.
    What about after Armageddon when the JW kids are cheering over the same lost innocent ones??? Hypocritical morons
  • cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

*shaking my head in wonder and amazement* Wow, she said everyone's minds weren't on the text -- what an understatement! People are dying, throwing themselves from buildings, a war is STARTING, and they're nobly trying to finish meeting for service. What ROBOTS!!! And without a shred of human compassion. I'm surprised being yelled at is all that happened to them that morning.

At my office every single person was huddled around a TV. No one expected us to work. We were numb with surprise, shock, fear, and grief, and finally, at 10:00 a.m., one of the big guys told us to go home.

It doesn't matter what religion you are -- that was a horrible day for humanity. The people who gloated, the people who ignored it -- they proved what they are.

Nina

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I heard a talk by a brother from bethel, where he mentioned at how sad it was for the others at bethel to have to see this stuff happening, never even thinking about the people that it was happening to directly..... only the opinions and feelings of the JW's matter in the JW world.

What a sad, sorry hell to be living as a JW.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

On September 14th, I was forwarded an email sent by someone at Bethel, explaining how the WTBTS handled the event:

======================

I just got this from Bro. Luis Navarro at bethel!

-------------------------------------------
    Dear Brother and Sisters,

It's 2:30 AM and the phone lines are now open around
    here. Hopefully,you'll be able to get this message.
    Pardon the "generic look" but I wanted to pass this
    one as soon as possible I have a Manhattan view
    from my office here in Brooklyn. I got to see
    everything first hand. It was not pleasant. Bethel is
    located across the East River from Manhattan
    so any explosions and buildings collapsing did not
    affect us but the smoke did. They evacuated the 360
    Furman building after lunch because
    the wind was blowing the smoke from the explosion
    toward it.

Here in the Factory, we shut off all ventilation,
    presses, bindery, windows, etc. We all went to the
    main lobby where the Bindery Overseer said a prayer.
    We were then sent to the 90 Sands Dining room. I ended
    up with the security detail in one of the lobbies.

At lunch, Brother Losch, from the Governing Body,
    reflecting that this disaster might be able to help
    other be more receptive to the truth, read an
    announcement from the Branch Committee. It basically
    told us to be more conscious of security since the
    police would be busy with the disaster. (We posted
    extra watchman all over the place.) We were
    "encouraged" to stay within the Bethel compound and
    not venture to the meetings or territory.The
    colloquial term the younger ones around here
    is lockdown.

Each body of elders then started contacting the
    different ones in their book study groups, who in turn
    contacted the presiding overseer who in then passed it
    on to the assembly overseers, then the circuit
    overseer and then to Bethel. By 10:30 pm tonight, everyone from
    my circuit (1 of several here in the city) was
    accounted for. It took a long time because
    all subways were shut down and everyone had to walk
    over the bridges. Cell phones, pay phones and any
    radio equipment were useless because the
    main antenna system was on one of the twin towers.
    Kids were not able to get home since the school would
    not release them until the parents picked them up.
    Meanwhile, the parents couldn't pick them up because
    they too were stuck in the city. So, it was a rather
    long day.

One family visiting Bethel was taking a tour. They
    were staying at the World Trade Center Marriot and had
    just gotten in early to tour when they saw the
    explosion. They lost all their belongings in the
    explosion but were alive. They were shaken up but
    glad to be alive.
    Bethel fed them and was later told, housed until
    further notice. They told me that all the guests
    visiting were invited to have a meal with the
    Bethel family.

Meanwhile, the MASSIVE exodus from Manhattan over the
    Brooklyn Bridge was orderly and calm.

Tomorrow morning, no doubt we'll have a more accurate
    report at Morning worship. I'll let you know of any
    updates then.

The best thing we can all do is pray to Jehovah and
    help others appreciate in the field that the answer
    to these problems is the kingdom and that it is NOT
    as far away as some think.

Love,

Luis Navarro

======================

I find it deplorable that the WTBTS saw fit to "place security guards everywhere" and place the Bethel complex on "lockdown", only to later lie on their own web site how they "helped others" streaming across the Brooklyn Bridge, stating in part:

Food and refreshments are provided to the people who streamed in the building. "They are looking for a haven," Jack, one of the helping hands, remarks. "There was some panic. A lot of people who work here volunteered to help provide whatever was needed.

Source: http://www.jw-media.org/region/americas/usa/english/releases/events/usa_e010911.htm

• gumby
    gumby
    (After all...if it was the start of the great tribulation, wouldn't you want to play it safe and score some major points by being out in service???)

In reality......this is how a dub thinks......and most christians.

Dubs and christians alike, have always had an ease of conscience in their survival chances with god.......if they can do enough good things to please him.

Some people actually believe they can outsmart the very god they worship.

Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

So do you ever wonder if any of those posters wander over here and check us out?

• gumby
    gumby
    So do you ever wonder if any of those posters wander over here and check us out

Oh yeah.......they check us out! Gumby

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Wow - Luis Navarro is STILL at Bethel! I knew him when I was there - bit of a strange bird, definitely a "company man".

9/11 was a great acid test for the Dubs - if Armageddon ever DOES really come, we can expect more of that "lockdown" mentality from them, instead of the "Love" they profess to have.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit