What happened to my Keith...

by The Rebel 2 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Having a free day today, I thought I would listen to some of my favourite music on you-tube. It has just occurred to me why I wasn't enjoying the music I am listening to as much as I hoped. I am listening to concerts of the band with origional members of the group having been replaced.

That's why as I post I am putting on " The Who", but the origional stuff with " KEITH Moon's" brilliant and explosive drumming. And that's why I miss my " Keith"

So my question is whilst many great rock bands loose members, often due to untimely death, can you name one band that has the same energy when origional members are replaced?

The Rebel.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Well..maybe when Peter Gabriel left Genasis..and Phil Collins took over singing, although maybe doesn't count cos he was an original member.

Adam Ant wasn't an original member of the Ants!!!!

I have been listening to Pink Floyd's stuff WITH Syd Barratt a lot recently...amazing..so sad

Love Keith Moon..that vid where he falls over his drums he is SO TANKED but he STILL plays like a boss!!!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Diogensister " Love Keith Moon..that vid where he falls over his drums, he is SO TANKED but he still plays like a boss!!!

The Rebel:- What happened next? Keith then collapsed on the floor was carried off stage and Townsend asked the audience if there was a drummer in the audience. A guy from the audience put his hand up, and maybe he was no Keith Moon, but what a magical night that was for him.

Anyway as for my question what rock band having become huge has lost an origional member, and then has the same ENERGY? I honestly can't think of one,

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit