A good idea not to have Children

by new boy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    NO - w2016/4 p.9 Par.17 Being Faithful Leads To Gods' Approval
    17. (b) How do the words at Hebrews 6:10-12 encourage you to be self sacrificing?
    Would it be possible for you to make additional sacrifices to serve Jehovah more fully?

This is a big factor in why my left JWs. The constant urging to make more sacrifices. In other words - what ever you are doing isn't good enough.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

I was born in 1970 and from being a very young child can remember being told I would not have to go to school as end was coming then as I grew up every decision had to be based on Armagedon being imminent...I remember the Watchtower and assemblys as a teenager pushing the having no children

thing

When I was pregnant I was extremely stressed in view of that scrip about Woe to the Pregnant woman etc

But it's coming any day ...😂

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Would it be possible for you to make additional sacrifices to serve Jehovah more fully?

The WTS and its leaders have been discouraging people from having children mostly to instigate people to rather serve as full time pioneers ( literature distributors ) as far back as the 1950's.

There were even times when the WTS said it would not be a good idea to have children in this system of things (1960's) so many young couples didn't and I remember many JWS say that very same thing.

The WTS only cares about sustaining the WTS its financial situation and its sustainability and growth, that's why it has been so devious, lying and corrupt.

One might call it a dangerous social sickness orchestrated by men seeking power, self adulation, prominence and personal stature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit