They're coming!

by Ariell 26 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

"You really need to be up front with your Mom and tell her this meeting is not going to turn out as she hopes it will, and that you will likely be disfellowshipped afterwards. She is no doubt hoping they will turn you around. If she knows for sure that will never happen, she can call them off."

You might do this, "level with her", and insist that you be allowed to have a private meeting.

BTW, this is all part of "growing up"; it's just too bad that we have "the Truth(tm)" tangling up real life.

Mustang
  • mustang
    mustang

"...but I'm not sure I want easy . "

"I like that (you are ready) ... Nothing is wrong with it NOTHING" "

Right!!!! Can't agree more: there is nothing wrong with it!!!

But, if you stand up for it, you will likely be forced onto the consequences of one of the "D...ed" words. If you are going that far, you might as well do this:

1) Tell you mother that it WILL BE A PRIVATE MEETING.

2) When the two "blackbirds" show up, send one of them packing. Do like the cops do: make him go sit on the curb. Likely he will go sit in the car!!!

Mustang

• Panda
    Panda

Sweetie,

I asked my ex-elder husband about this. He said that you cannot be disfellowshipped for doubting. Although he hasn't been an Elder for 5 years. So his suggestion is avoid the meeting. Just tell them you are busy. If cornered, tell them that you have doubts and are looking at all the WTS literature for answers. Which is true since they hang themselves.

Remember that basically you have the upper hand. I know you want to tell them where to go. But they think they know how to trick you, deceive you into admitting that you no longer believe this is Jah organization.

Tape record the session (if you haven't been able to get out of it). Just take out your little digital recorder and start "this is [name and the date] meeting w/{names of elders] At that point they'll ask you to put it away [boooooo] say you might want to listen to the counsel again rather than bothering them (the way they bothered you w/ excessive phone calls).

Be confident and strong. You know the lies. They are just trying to maintain their slim hold on power. You know how to deal with them.

Power to the people.Panda

• Panda
    Panda

Arielle,

I agree w/ Mulan. Tell your Mom [one on one]. Remind her of your age and that it may take a long time to sort through things. Does she really want you to be df'd. Why make it difficult for you to maybe come back some day. And really you don't know that you won't miss dubdumb. What if someday you want to be brain dead?

Next year you'll be in college. All sorts of new friends and ideas. What awonderful time to look forward to and to prepare for. Maybe reading over brochures w/Mom and involving her in your course choices. Mom's love being asked to get involved w/their kids big changes!

I know everyone here is just pleased as pinch that you are smart and courageous enough to see the ugliness of the WTS.

Hugs from Panda

• unique1
    unique1

I have successfully avoided two sheparding call attempts by simply stating I don't want one.

They ask, I say I appreciate your concern, but I really don't want one. They will go on about how everybody needs encouragement from time to time. Just say you understand and appreciate their concern, but you don't want a visit. The decision is up to YOU!!!! You have the right to turn them down.

BEST WISHES!!!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Aerille you have had some wonderful suggestions offered to you. My thoughts are like most. I feel though that you will lose in the long run if you choose to meet with the elders. They are crushers. Because at some point, maybe not now but a little later on your family will be told that they need to make a choice between you and JC and Jehovah. I know you think that that may never happen, but it will, the elders will have their little spy network out looking for ones being loyal to the faithful and discreet slave..

Tell them nothing, the evening before they are to show up, call the brother, tell him you are not up to having them visit. If he asks why than say, your very tired and the doctor is running tests on you. Thats all you need to say. What ever you do, and no matter how you feel do not at this time tell them you are no longer a Believer in the Truth or Organinzation, because you'll end up in their electric chair. No mercy. Your family will have to disown you. Believe me Sweetie its just not worth being one of their statistics.

I thought my sister would still tak to me, because we were inseperable, but it doesn't work, she hasn't spoke to me since the day I left.

You have many friends here. Don't let the WBTS take you as a VICTIM,.. Just play their game and stay and have your family by your side. That is the best advise I can give you.

Orangefatcat.

• avishai
    avishai
    I have successfully avoided two sheparding call attempts by simply stating I don't want one.

I avoided one by slamming the door on an elders foot when they showed up @ 10p.m. on a fri. night trying to "catch" me at something under the guise of a shepherding call. I told them I was sleeping, & what the hell are you doing at my house at 10 p.m? GO home. Well, as I tried to shut the door, one A-hole elder notorious for this stuck his foot in MY door, thinking he could intimidate 19 yr. old me. So, I slammed it as hard as I could, & he left, limping. Funny, they never came back, not even at a reasonable hour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit