Poetry :(

by NEWWORLDSLACKER 8 Replies latest jw friends

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

Do any of you find that writing helps you cope ? I sure do. But I think mine suck.....

Share yours if your comfortable with doing so , I would love to read them.

but here goes one o mine ....sorry in advance :

Michael’s mad always at me and I think I might know why.

I don’t meet him every Sunday he knows that I don’t try.

He’s always looking down on me saying I saved you from your sins,

it all seems so unimportant once the final silence wins.

I followed you for eight long years , you slapped me in the face.

Will i find some piece of mind , in the fate of the human race?

You dressed me in your clothing and made me seem so pure ,

you tell about the future and the sickness you’ll cure.

Then I woke up as from a nightmare and realized im all alone ,

how these wounds don’t heal , and I may never find the home.

So when they ask you why im so bitter , why I hate and always seem so mad ,

because I know my children will one day exist like my dad.

Intimidated

• thinker
    thinker

Hi NWS,

There's a number of poets here. I've collected many of there poems on this site:

http://www.geocities.com/avalon_dream/Jehovahs_Witness_Poetry

thinker

• Mac
    Mac

Very nice NWS!!!

Very cool idea Thinker!!! TX

NWS,

I always think my stuff sucks...and it very well may.....LOL. It is very hard to share your thoughts, feelings, emotions, musings and imaginings with others. It's kinda like throwing a piece of your soul out there for others to kick around as they wish.

I've only in the past year starting writing again and I actually got up enough confidence to submit one in a poetry contest......It is now published in an anthology series and is also being recorded on a CD featuring 33 poets. I only mention this because we so often devalue our own work. SO STICK WITH IT!!!

mac

PS........There is a book that I've just recently started rereading that you may want to check out......"The Artists Way". I just got my butt chewed out three days ago from someone I'd recommended it to for not starting my "morning pages".....a series of free flow of thought writing exercises contained therein. Well, I started filling up the pages of a beautiful journal I'd been given......and it is amazing how the mere act of scribbling with no purpose or outcome in mind can open up your creativity.......

*edited for illegal use of an apostrophe

• Jesika
    Jesika

I find writing helps ALOT............at least for me.......................I wrote this when I was 13yrs old.......I am 27 now and I posted it a while back.....but since you asked to read some of ours I will repost it for you.........hope you like it as much I as I liked yours.............. Goodbye Cruel World........................ As I look upon the water Walk upon the edge, and think How they would feel to loose their daughter They wouldn't care Is it a relief But do I dare As the waves crash against my face Do I regret it, to them No matter what I am a disrase Why ask me to be a fake I am tired of the mask You see me as a mistake I am sinking and hurting Cant you see The real self is me being Tourtured beyond control Yet you can not see That's a place that you hold You are the one that is killing me The hurt I feel is from what you do But you refuse to see I have called out to you What have I done What can't I do To make the pain gone I am sinking and I cant see I can't feel anymore Do you miss me I have been lost And now been found Is it worth the cost Have I got your attention I needed so bad Your undieing affection Too much to ask I see And now I am down Inside the unforgiving sea Can you hear my voice Can you plainly see You had a vital choice To love me the way I truely am Or to loose me today Are your eyes now open Have you lost your hopes and dreams Now.....they are chosen I cant be who you want me to be I am not that person anymore I just want you to love me The true person I want to be Not the one you wanted But the one who you see I am not here anymore I left this world So the universe I can sore Good bye cruel world Jes...........................I only shared this cause I found this once again.......in my memory.............and I just felt like sharing..............if you dont like it.....that is ok.......I just felt like writing it down again......thank you. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/57158/1.ashx

• Jesika
    Jesika

This is one I wrote more recently...................entitled........I am only a guest...........

Look through my eyes See what i see Then you can judge me Feel what I feel Dreams are reality Touch it...it is real Push me I dare you Evil within me I will cherish you All I ever wanted Was to be me Freedom...is flaunted Walk the line you say Watch me now There will be a day You eat your words Running scared You cowards Would you like to tumble With me...honestly As I watch you stumble You are in my domain Power in which You will forever remain Can you not see The source that drives The person... I like to be It is dark and enticing You love it and me Strikes you like lightening You want a thrill Then my soul I give For you it is to kill Try me if you will I will survive it i promise I can haunt you still Look in my eyes What do you see A sea of lies Is that what you are From the truth You are so far Handle me if you dare Is it too hard to do You cant possibly care I am who I want to be The only way I am Is to be the true ME A river I do cry But only within I do honestly try To behave But in this life I am a slave I beg of you Dont feel for me For it will hurt you too I live in pain Or I do not feel Nothing from you I gain Only a simple request That in your life I am only a guest Hope you liked it...........sad.....I know, but that is the only time I am inspired........... I haven't written anything in a long time........but we all have our bad days. PM me if you wish and we can share more poems. Love, Jes
  • Robdar
    Robdar

NWS

I liked your poem. And yes, I find writing helps when the emotions are too much for me to handle. After my divorce was filed, it seemed that my poetry dried up.

Fortunately, I have had a series of seizures that seem to be loosening it up some. I know that the previous sentence seems odd, but I find that my seizures will many times inspire me or allow whatever was building up inside to be released. If they are not too bad, I don't mind having them.

Like Mac, I have had my poems published. Go to poetry.com and post there. The site has poets from all over the world posting. The editors review them and will publish the better ones. Beware though, they are overly sensitive about language and will censor. They will also hound you to buy their books and literature.

I wish you well as you continue to develop your art.

Robyn

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

Thanks for the support ! And I really enjoyed your work jesika and thinker . Im working on setting up a music studio and hope to be producing some songs here soon , I think it will be a great outlet as well. thanks again ,

NwS

• termite 35
    termite 35

I really enjoyed reading those-much better than mine I find it heIps me when i'm too down to speak to anyone- wrote this today for someone who's hand i'd like to hold .

I'm happiest joined to your hands

they lead me after you

your fingers wrapped protectively

your body blocking my view -

of all in life I fear and dread; instinctively you knew.

So, i'm happiest joined to your hands

because they're joined to you.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

The End

I am tired of people telling me who I am
    I am tired of people telling me what I believe
    I am tired of people who think they know me
    I am tired of people talking behind my back
    I am tired of people like you

I am too tired to eat
    I am too tired to sleep