Here's one for ya....

by Flowerpetal 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Did you ever notice that when someone was disciplined in the congregation (Df'd or reproved) and maybe you got wind of what is was for, it then seemed like a lot or articles in the WT magazine or public talks appeared on that person's "si?" like they were being disciplined by Jehovah? Did you ever think that or did you think it was just coincidence?

This was probably one thing ( and maybe still is) that may keep a lot of us who are fading or still a little active coming to the meetings.....that maybe Jehovah IS disciplining his "people" thru the WT Borg????

• jgnat
    jgnat

Volkswagen Beetle. Volkswagen Beetle. Volkswagen Beetle. Volkswagen Beetle.

I am now going to make a prophecy. Flowerpetal, I predict that you are going to see at least five beetles next week. That will be five more than you noticed last week.

Coincidence? I think so. It is how our brains work. Put an idea, issue, sin in our heads and we will see it everywhere. One of the reasons the WTS manages to convince six million people that our world has been in a steady decline since 1914. Nevermind the discovery of antibiotics, the eradication of one of the most dreaded plagues of our time (smallpox. I bet you thought it was AIDS), infant mortality is down, and life expectancy is up. How about personal computers and the internet? Convenience food? Democracy and the end to famine in India? All since 1914.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

More than anything else, I would see "local needs" comments in talks afterwards, if it was a big enough deal.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    it then seemed like a lot or articles in the WT magazine or public talks appeared on that person's "si?" like they were being disciplined by Jehovah? Did you ever think that or did you think it was just coincidence?

Visit Smiley Central!
    Nope! I figured it out after a while it was just the cycle of the print.........coincidence that it went around at "that" time. Not prophetic at all nor was in in high regard for what the df'ed person was going through after all the WTS does not have prophetic capibilities, just coincidence! There was a saying about things like this being "letters from Jah", bunch of rubbish, the rubbish just cycled through yet again........

KateVisit Smiley Central! (of the enlightened class)

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ jgnat. I was thinking along the same lines when I read the initial post. If something is put into your mind, you will notice that subject for days or months afterward.

Looking at the bigger picture..... Say someone in each circuit is reproved or df'd once every six months. How many circuits are in your state or country? How many circuits are there in the world?

Now if Jah's spirit was directing the organisation to publish articles pertaining to the sins of those reproved/df'd people, that would mean the magazines would be chockablock with articles about these sins!! When you put it into perspective, the idea (that the Society likes to make you think) that Jah is directing the organisation to write articles to "discipline" the brothers, becomes a bit ludicrous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit