I Want Candy!

by joannadandy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I have a huge sweet-tooth tonight. I don't know why.

Yesterday I got a little nostalgic and bought some Pop-Rocks and Bottle Caps and Gobstoppers.

Click to enlargeEat Pop Rocks

Did you have favorite candy as a kid?

And what were you less than happy to see your grandma buy you...perhaps the dreaded Necco!

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yes I have my favourite childhood candy but first, what the hell is Necco?

• little witch
    little witch

My favorites are almond joy, and skittles.

On the yucky list, candy corn and circus peanuts.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Just make sure you don't drink soda when you eat the pop rocks. It's bye-bye stomach if you do that.

M n Ms were and are my favorites. You know what they say about the green ones .....

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Necco is responsible for all chalk flavored candy.

They make the valentine hearts with "Love Me" and "Let's Be Friends" on them.

If you like you can read all about Necco here: http://www.necco.com/Index.html

But in my original post this candy was exactly what I was refering to:

Actually I purposely bought a Coke to test out the Pop Rocks (I had NEVER done that before). I was feeling might adventerous! It makes them snap faster...but sadly my head did not explode, nor did my stomach...drat it all!

• wednesday
    wednesday

my grandmother used to give me orange chewey candy, and even now i love it. It is most often seen around Halloween. (which may be why u are candy hungry-time of year)

weds

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Good point wednesday--I never thought of that...

Maybe it's all my repressed angst that I never got to trick-or-treat and collect candy coming forward in my subconcious--hee hee!

• talesin
    talesin

Chocolate - of any kind, but especially BELGIAN. (fav bars are Mars bar, Coffee Crisp, and Mr. Big)

And black licorice, mmmmmm.

As for dislikes - anything sour.

tal

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Joanna: Thunder loves the choclate necco's. I love choclate oranges in fact any chocolate paired with raspberry or orange usually has me. Of late I can't eat much sweet stuff I drink water and watch how much I eat in doing this the sugar is overpowering...not sure if I like that or not.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    candy corn and circus peanuts

Okay, little witch, if you get any for Halloween send them my way! Yum!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit