Arsene Wenger, you are so delusional you could be a member of the GB

by LoveUniHateExams 11 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's fun times for us Spurs fans. We're playing great football, are sensible at the back and are beating top teams in England and abroad - teams such as Man United, Liverpool and Real Madrid.

We're in the QFs of the FA cup, are progressing nicely in the Champions League, and are competing for a top four finish in the Premier League.

Meanwhile in the red quarter of London ... how can I put this ... things aren't going very well, to say the least.

As I've said, fun times for us Spurs fans.

Arsenal have lost 6 of their last 8 games in all competitions, losing their last three PL matches in a row. They've only managed to score one goal in those last three PL games.

In the Carabao Cup final last Sunday, what surprised me wasn't that Arsenal lost to Man City - that was always likely to happen - no, what surprised me was the lack of fight among the players. They didn't care. They walked around. They didn't even score a consolation goal.

This is all fun and games for me, a Spurs fan, but what really sticks out is just how deluded the manager, Arsene Wenger, is.

For those of you who know nothing about football, Arsene Wenger was a great manager 15 years ago. He introduced a wonderful attacking style of football but now other managers have seriously caught up and overtaken him.

When asked after the Carabao Cup final defeat if he would be leaving the club, Wenger replied by saying something about how he's often been asked this in the past but he has stayed on, honoured his contract, won trophies and not signed for big clubs like Real Madrid, Barca, etc. ... quite a weak argument that collapses under serious analysis.

Arsenal lost again today at Brighton with the 2-1 scoreline flattering them (Arsenal) and luckily finishing the game with 11 men. Wenger apparently blames this latest shitshow on the fact that his club played 3 back-to-back games (Sun: Man City - cup final, Thur: Man City - League and today: Brighton - League).

So far, he insists on seeing his contract out and won't entertain any talk about saying good bye.

How deluded can you get?

Of course he has been a great manager in the past - the best in the Premiership next Alex Ferguson, I reckon.

But let's face it: he's crap now.

As a Spurs fan, I obviously want us to beat Arsenal and be doing better than them but I actually want us to beat Arsenal when they're at their best.

What started out as hilarious is starting to become sad now ...

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I've only ever seen Spurs play once. That was at the new Wembley in the 2010 FA Cup semi-final. Need I say more?

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Of course he is still a great manager.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I prefer Klopp!!

• Simon
    Simon

Arsene Wenger is still a great manager but no one can win everything all the time and it's hard to sustain the top level forever, especially when there are lots of other great managers with bigger budgets to spend. Some of what he accomplished has still yet to be equalled.

As a City fan, it's great to see them at the top and successful but we support our teams no matter what (and as a City fan there were lots of "no matter what" years).

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Of course he is still a great manager

[and]

Arsene Wenger is still a great manager - I'm not so sure.

Muhammad Ali was a great fighter, one of the best of all time. He basically grew up in the ring. You get child actors, well Cassius Clay was a child boxer. Just turned 22 years old he beat the fearsome Sonny Liston.

Then, in his mid to late thirties, Ali learned the hard way that he just didn't have it anymore. Ever see the Holmes fight in full? Ali was crap.

As I already said, Wenger used to be a great manager. The great back four and keeper put together by George Graham started Wenger on his path to greatness. Then he put together his own team that went on to achieve more.

But now he's 68 years old. It would be a shame if, like Ali, Wenger is learning the hard way that he doesn't have it anymore. People usually think about retiring when they're Wenger's age, if they haven't retired already.

Of course Wenger's achievements deserve to be recognised - he has been Arsenal's greatest ever manager.

And he doesn't deserve the worst of the fans' abuse he's currently getting.

but we support our teams no matter what - agreed.

But Arsenal fans support Arsenal, not Wenger.

Arsene Wenger is not Arsenal, even if he behaves like he is.

The exit sign is flashing and everyone can see it but Wenger.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think your Thread Title makes an interesting comparison, but of course no G.B has ever been "great", not at anything.

Where the comparison is spot on I think, is that the G.B in their delusional Ivory Tower, do not see the seriousness of the decline of their business. J.W's are not like Arsenal fans though, JW's support the management first and foremost, they worship the G.B, the Team is secondary.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hahahaha ... the Woolwich Wanderers lost again on the road today, this time to Newcastle.

Still, no worries, Arsenal are gonna beat Atletico Madrid in the semi-final and go on to lift the Europa Cup, right?

Wenger in! XD

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

all of the above means nothing to our american members on here.

or me.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, it's the end of the season.

Wenger is of course leaving. It's difficult to work out whether he went of his own accord or he was forced out.

In his latter years, Wenger at Arsenal was a bit like Bob The Bastard Mugabe at Zimbabwe. XD

Good news - today the Woolwich Wanderers gained their first away points this year (Huddersfield 0-1 Arsenal).

On a related topic, Bruce Rioch left Arsenal in 5th place and Wenger leaves Arsenal in 6th place. I guess it's come full circle. #Pray4Arsenal

Last word from Mr Wenger, take it away Arsene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_CTQ30LD9c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit