Dubs drive me nuts sometimes

by Euphemism 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Your friend sounds like he does not have Enough To Do.

Therefore he needs to spend more time in service and study. If that doesn't work, make him to dig a ditch and then fill it in.

• micheal
    micheal

Go to the elders and tell them he spanks himself

• Odrade
    Odrade

I have to comment on this one. Euph, if you are trying to stay in good standing till the wedding, you should probably stop allowing drinks to minors in your home. It is against the law, and if any elders are suspicious of you, they can haul you in and JC you just for that. I've seen it happen. Also, should any nosy brother like the one you mentioned, get it in his head to call the cops, you will have another mess on your hands.

Many people are under the impression that the law allows minors to drink if they are in any private home. The actual law (depending on the state, but in most states) says that minor children can have alcohol 1) if part of an established religious ceremony, or 2) if in their own home and under the supervision of their parent or legal guardian, note: not legal adult, only their legal guardian. Emancipated minors are still not allowed to drink, even though technically, they are their own guardian.

I'm not telling you an opinion (should or shouldn't give booze to 20 y.o.? not my concern) but letting you know that if you have some super-dub in the making on your back about the alcohol, he does have a legal and congregational leg to stand on. It could cause you problems. Be careful.

Odrade

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Euph: Tell him you think you see a rafter in his eye.

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Euph.....you are so funny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit