the invalidation of my baptism

by proudassmonkey 5 Replies latest jw friends

• proudassmonkey
    proudassmonkey

i want to have the 'vow' that imade at 13 invalidated. so i called one of the elders who handled my Da'ing and told him so. he had the audacity to tell me that my bapitism was accepted by jehovah. how does he know that? was i supposed to be struck with lightening in the baptismal pool if it wsn't accepted? how does he know??????? but i bit my tongue and said nothing. anyway, he said that it isn't likely to happen. i said of course it isn't becasue then the floodgates would open and there would be a deluge of people who want it too. i was told that that wouldn't happen. again i bit my tongue. it isn't likely that this is going to happen. but i want to be stricken from ever having been in their ranks. i want for the society to know that maybe they don't do infant baptisms but isn't child baptism the same thing? he told me that he would look into and i am not holding my breath for this one. i just thought i would pass this along.

any questions comments or advice as always is welcomed and encouraged.

melissa aka the proud ass monkey

• caligirl
    caligirl

I understand where you are coming from on that. I feel the same way, although I have never brought it to anyone's attention. I was 14 when I got baptized. Here is the thing - if they invalidate your baptism, then that would mean that they could not technically shun you for DA'ing, which would allow you to talk to people that they don't want you to be able to talk to. They also are not likely to erase your existence from their records.

I have decided for myself that I do not feel my baptism was valid because I was not given all the facts to make an informed decision on becoming part of it all, not to mention that I was raised in it and REALLY had no idea what else was out there. So my best thoughts for you would be to invalidate it in your own mind and forget about whatever they do - your request will likely go nowhere, except into your little file.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

you know i'm proud of you, mel

• Gadget
  • Gopher
    Gopher
    he had the audacity to tell me that my bapitism was accepted by jehovah.

Again, here's an example of a JW confusing "jehovah" with "the organization". Your baptism was duly noted by the organization, who then could use you for child labor in preaching their doom-and-gloom message, furthering the interests of their false-prophecy-printing corporation!!

Child baptism is just as ridiculous as infant baptism, which the Society ridicules in its own publications.

I was baptized at a slightly older age than you -- I was 16. Yet I still had no idea what the ramifications were, even though I grew up in the organization.

Although baptism nullification may seem like an emotionally satisfying idea, the most important thing is to live a good life OUTSIDE the realm of the JW's. That'll drive them batty, since you're not supposed to be able to live a happy, meaningful, productive life outside the influence of the WTS. But you can be among the many who prove them wrong! And by doing that, you'll show you didn't need any of their junk, including their rite of child baptism!

• Maverick
    Maverick

I wrote the original Baptism Nullification Letter, Joe updated. I was a dud for 24 years The Society sidestepped the whole issue, changed my status to an unbaptized publisher, and DA'd me. I PM'd Joe and few weeks ago and so far they have not done anything to him. I suspect they are leaving it alone, hoping not to make it a valid issue. You are already DA'd. They won't backtrack. Why should they, you played their game by their rules. Game over! As for the validity of a minor getting baptized. One of the lawyers on this forum basically explained it this way. As soon as you became of legal age, got a lawyer and raised Hell, they might have capitulated. By being a dud for years after turning 18, your actions showed acceptance of the terms of membership. Remember though, that they tar us all with the same brush, by using gossip as a tool to discredit and defame you, you still will be shunned. Maverick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit