Applauding the NHS (UK)

by blablabluh 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blablabluh
    blablabluh

Hi, Just curious to know if anyone knows of witnesses not applauding the NHS on Thursday night.

All I know is for some reason my mum and aunt only went out to listen but didn’t take part in the applause. Not sure if they were just being strange or if there has been instruction not to take part.

If they have been instructed not to, I don’t get it.

has anyone else noticed this strange behavior or know the reason why?

• cofty
    cofty

I didn't go out and applaud because my nearest neighbour is half a mile away and that would have just been weird.

I was applauding in my head.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

We were in the middle of being "zoomed". I was sitting reading my Kindle and left the room and went outside. We live in a very quiet area and I didn't expect much.

I was amazed, the neighbourhood was making proper noise and I was pleased to join in. It was a truly moving moment and I was pleased to be part of it.

Afterward I spoke to a family member who is an elder and asked if there was any good reason why as a gesture, a meeting could not be briefly interrupted to show appreciation for these genuinely selfless heroes. What good PR to join in something so uncontroversial. " Never going to happen" was his reply.

They are all terrified to do something unauthorised, no matter how justified and particularly if it celebrated human quality. I despise them.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

This is one area I totally disagree with Republicans in the USA on. We need a NHS style system here. I can see not letting people here on vacation from other parts of the world or illegals getting in on it. But for our citizens we need a national health care system. The right is off its rocker with a system that was started to get people to go to work for their company's during WW2. Its outdated and never was a fix to any problem.

• LV101
    LV101

JimmyYoung - please do tell where there's a health care system in the world that actually works?

• Simon
    Simon
    We need a NHS style system here. I can see not letting people here on vacation from other parts of the world or illegals getting in on it. But for our citizens we need a national health care system

You already have it, you just don't realize it. When an illegal / uninsured person goes to a hospital, that hospital doesn't throw the body back in the street. They treat them and they charge the government. They make money on it and tax-payers ultimately pay. It's just not openly funded in a way that makes cost transparent.

Italy has a sociality healthcare system. You want that shit? The NHS is much better in people's imagination than in reality.

There are no perfect systems and no fair systems. But promising free healthcare for illegal immigrants and opening the border is probably going to produce the least-perfect and least-fair system of all.

• Simon
    Simon

I think applauding healthcare workers is good. We should also applaud the people who work in grocery stores that stock shelves, anyone in the supply chain that is keeping things running.

But we should do more than clap them, we should hold to account the people who failed to ensure adequate supplies of emergency protective equipment and who failed to lock things down earlier, allowing flights of infected people with no restrictions.

When this is done, there should be a Nuremberg-type trial of politicians and administrators. It should start with the WHO and their Chinese masters.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We should pay these wonderful people who care for us when we are ill, and all the people keeping everything running, WHAT THEY DESERVE ! The people who have proved themselves to be the most vital are often the worst paid.

Do away with the Rich, we can't afford them anymore.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Phizzy they'll never get paid what they deserve. They are the same as Watchtower publishers - some are truely excellent and their goodwill keeps things running but their goodwill is abused. They are rarely given the support they need to do things properly. In my personal experience, I was hamstrung from doing my job. So much so I had a choice, lose my health carrying an impossible burden or walk. I walked from the NHS to preserve my health.

Just like I walked from the Watchtower because the organisation tells massive lies.

• Half banana
    Half banana

JWs would feel guilt combined with a fear of breaking an unwritten taboo applauding anyone or anything other than the governing body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit