Special talk: "who is Jesus Christ?!

by nowwhat? 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I'm glad this thread was brought up. I was at the special talk too and I kept listening very closely for them to identify who Jesus is. They never did.

They never brought up that, according to JW's, Jesus was created by God as an angel, then descended to earth and became a man, died for our sins so that we would live, was resurrected and returned to heaven as an angel again.

NONE of those points were brought up. They never brought up that Jesus is Michael the Arch Angel either.

All they did was talk about his preaching work, and his qualities and that if we want to know more, attend the Memorial. What?!

Now here's the problem with that whole thing: If your a JW and you have THE TRUTH, then tell it! If Jesus was an angel, then tell everyone that. But no, they danced around what they really believe about who Jesus BECAUSE they know that all "worldly" folk will think they are absolutely crazy if they said how the really feel, now that's the real reason they didn't just come on out and say it the way it is.

Sounds a little culty, doesn't it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Over 99 percent of Jehovah's Witnesses will not partake of the emblems of Christ's body and blood. They reject His offer of life and forgiveness by passing the body and blood on.

100 percent of Jehovah's Witnesses reject Christ's invitation to come to Him nor will they call on Him as all New Testament Christians did. Tacking Jesus' name on the end of a prayer is not having a relationship with Jesus. Jehovah's Witnesses have as much of a relationship with Jesus as they do with the apostle Paul.

• dozy
    dozy

Jesus has always been something of an afterthough for the Society. It has always been about the FADS and Jehovah , which they kind of merge into one. Many recall the expression "Jehovah's Christian Witnesses" that was promoted by one or two in the Watchtower in the late 70's before the purge and was quickly stamped down on , never to be used again. At best , Jesus is referred to and looked at as an example.

I remember one elder in our congregation always used to give pretty much the same prayer every single time which constantly referenced how wonderful and how appreciative we were for the GB / JHS organisation etc. Very rarely any mention of Jesus at all ( apart from the "in Jesus' name" bit at the end. ) I know this is very common with JW prayers, but for some reason it always kind of annoyed me. ( It probably didn't help that the guy was a bit of a power hungry jerk. )

We never really got on , even though we were both fellow elders , but one day we were on the ministry together and we were talking about the meetings etc and I ( stupidly ) thought I would just mention that "by the way , you never mention Jesus in your prayers - did you know"? ) He immediately took great umbrage at my comment and kind of stomped off. As ever - it made absolutely no difference and his next prayer was the usual mantra and cliche filled drivel.

• zeb
    zeb

VdH7 "Jehovah's Witnesses have as much of a relationship with Jesus as they do with the apostle Paul. " so true. I recall speaking up once (tsk tsk) saying "We should be called the apostle Paul society" this went over like a lead balloon.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Millions living now will/may never die

Jesus is the angel Michael

Jesus inspected all religions and picked the JWs as the true religion

Jesus returned....invisible to all but the GB

Lying for 'The Truth" tm

The true religion is based on a book [the bible] given to the world by Satan's organization 'The Catholic Church'

Therefor, go to all nations and make disciples baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

BECAUSE they know that all "worldly" folk will think they are absolutely crazy if they said how the really feel,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit