MAN PLEASER XANDIT

by SolidSender 10 Replies latest jw friends

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 1 Cor 7.23, NEB

xandit you said:

I see what you mean about SS. I wouldn't say he's frightening though. More an object of amusement, I suppose that's cruel but he is funny.
    Xandit

Yea sure xandit I may be amusing but at least I’m not a deluded, gutless, wishy washy, pathetic, dependent, fence sitting, man pleaser like you and friend.

And that’s what you’ll both remain as long as you persistently consider the satanic teachings of the WTBTS ( a man made and led new york based book publishing company ) worthy of even a moments contemplation.

I could tear you to pieces with scripture but I don’t have time to re-type the entire new testament into this post at present you contemptible, faithless, blinded fool.

You literally make me want to vomit.

Go ahead find me amusing while you promulgate the pre fabricated, insipid, suffocating, sterile, stifling, narrow minded, intolerant, rigid, worthless, heartless, soulless, loveless, legalistic, regulation bound, one-dimensional brand of “Christianity “ you subscribe to. It’s all yours you Pharisee. You’re welcome to it.

The only pleasure I gain from reading the feeble, hackneyed platitudes you regurgitate, is in knowing that by decree of the men you credulously worship & fear, your arses will be out on the street for apostasy in no time flat as soon as they find out about your activities here. Such is their faithfulness to you.

Go ahead make my day, respond with a defense of your faithless, man pleasing position by parroting off all the stale, dull, dry, boring WTBTS legalism set in concrete in that narrow, dark, ignorant, cold lonely little cell otherwise known as “your” brain.

We both know that in the light of scripture “your /their” position holds no water and underneath the pseudo- intellectual verbal posturing you’re just an insecure, scared, frightened little person incapable of growing up and facing the reality of having to make one adult decision for once in your pathetic excuse for a “life”.

Yea go ahead and find me amusing - the jokes on you man pleaser-SolidSender

PS don’t forget to count the time you spend responding to this post on your field service report slip this month man pleaser..

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Gee SS, could you be a little more specific in your opinions?

• circare
    circare

Dear Solid Sender, I am sorry that you are hurting so much!

There are many here who would genuinely like to hear your story and help you find a way to heal.

Why don't you find someone here you feel comfortable with (like maybe waiting, she seems very wise) and share your bad experiences. It seems to me your current method of lashing out with empty useless words and name-calling is accomplishing nothing more than relieving your frustrations and alienating you from everyone here.

There is always a certain amount of anger felt when a person feels betrayed, this is natural, but then they move on from there. While no-one has the right to tell you when it is time to 'move-on' just be aware that when you are ready there are plenty of people here at this board that care enough to be there for you (including myself) if you should ever want.

In the mean-time please don't 'flail' out so hard at us all. We're people too!

• Friend
    Friend

SolidSender

Wow! How long did it take you to look up all the words of that blustering harangue? Oh, I forgot, you depend upon that pocket dictionary so it must not have taken very long.

Alas, I see you’re still [url= http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=527&page=2&site=3]running from your own embarrassment.[/url] Tell us, how do you resolve the dissonance of expecting others to listen to your criticisms when you ignore your own errant criticism when it is pointed out? Another good question is, can you talk with people as good as you can talk about people?

Friend

Great Minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.—Hyman Rickover

Edited by - Friend on 16 July 2000 23:22:49

• waiting
    waiting

Hey SS,

Man, you can dig a hole, can't you? Circare suggested you talk to me - wise old woman. Wise my ass.

However, that truth being acknowledged by all, I do know anger - my own. As you said, we're all different, but not totally strangers.

When my daughter was df'd, and I had found out about my brother's incest towards her, and the MS molesting her (all within the same week), I was slightly controlled, handled it quite well - I had my daughter to think about. She didn't need to take care of me - that wouldn't have been appropriate.

After calling Kokomo, Ind. to notify that cong. that they had a molester within their midst, and they did nothing - then I started getting really angry. When the elders said that this man's daughter (who was a young friend of mine) had written them a long letter describing in detail the incest of this man - and they did nothing, I was livid.

When the elders handling my daughter's committee meetings had these parting words for her, knowing she was losing absolutely everything she knew at the ripe age of 22, "we hope you don't go off the deep end," I was beyond words.

I talked with a friend of mine, who is a social worker. She asked me why I was so furious with the elders. I explained my position. She still maintained, in her expertise, that it was disproportionate to the situation. I disagreed with her, strongly.

The beauty of 20/20 hindsight is now, after much therepy, I can calmly agreed that she was right. I had every reason to be furious with the elders. They were the men in authority - and that was the key. My daughter was the unfortunate situation (not belittling her - just being specific) which brought my mind to the fore.

The elders were not the root of my anger, nor the priests, nor my first or second husband - my father is the root of my anger, and still is. If nothing else, at least now, I do not tend to strike out against all men - I am able most of the time to discern time, place, and person of anger.

May I suggest to you that the "high minded brotherly" way that Friend and Xandit present their wording might be triggering you to respond with disproportionate anger towards them? This is only a question, but I've been there, and messages can be confused by anger.

May I suggest also that you are very quiet about your background? Your family? Your congregation experiences? Your school experiences? I may be completely off base here, and apologize in advance if I am, but I suspect your deep anger and frustration might be misapplied to these men. Which leaves you with the hellish problem of who is the appropriate target of your anger? And why.....

Therepy can produce the means and insight to controlling ourselves - instead of feeling controlled by someone else. My husband & I spent over $20,000 on mine, and I quit. I'm ok, but will never be "cured." Just ok - but's that not so bad - I'm better off than a lot of other people.

Take care, sweetheart, you may be in uncharted waters. My e-mail is listed if you want to talk, whether you agree or disagree with me.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Friend,

I watched you infuriate and belittle SC. I watched your wording as you tore him, his ideas, opinions, brotherly insight, etc. to shreads.

He may have come to the point of disassociation sooner or later - but with your adroit prodding, you got him to that point within short weeks. To be honest, I was quite shocked, like several here. It was his choice, true, but he came to this forum a full-time pioneer, married to an unbelieving wife, 3 kids and 2 damned turtles. Perhaps that's the profile of a livid apostate, but I doubt it.

For a spiritual brother, I would think that would bother your conscience tremendously, and you would take care with your powerful tool of words.

Why do you continue? I am a sister, and I truly don't understand your lack of insight to other persons. I appreciate your skills of words, but I don't understand your shredding of persons.

I may be way off base with SS and you, but one thing professionals give incest survivors and people with DID credit for - and that's good gut instincts. To my knowledge, SS has never even entered into a conversation with Xandit. Where is the anger coming from? This, perhaps, is developing into not a good situation.

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 17 July 2000 0:5:34

• Friend
    Friend

waiting

I watched you infuriate and belittle SC. I watched your wording as you tore him, his ideas, opinions, brotherly insight, etc. to shreads.

He may have come to the point of disassociation sooner or later - but with your adroit prodding, you got him to that point within short weeks. To be honest, I was quite shocked, like several here.

Let’s get one thing straight! Because SC credited their early departure to something I said does not make it true. SC’s dilemma began far before visiting this forum. Anyone making choices in life based upon views of persons unknown is practically bound and determined for some predetermined end. I am not convinced that my replies to SC were the source of undue discouragement, but it is hard for me to believe that he/she made so great a choice in life based upon that, even if it is true. In such a scenario the more probable is that the person already knew what they wanted to do. As for my own expressions to SC, I am not aware that I said anything hateful or demeaning about their person. I may have held a particular lax, analysis, conclusion or idea of theirs up to scrutiny and thereafter offered my view of it. But it is another thing entirely to assassinate someone’s character or intelligence. I am not aware that I have done either.

If someone has a dumb idea and you make like it is less than dumb, have you done anyone a favor? Expressions should be palatable but not at the expense of being mistaken, which can be a real problem on keyboard-only forums like this. In cases where I sensed that an individual was not prepared for the discussion at hand then I have [url= http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=302&page=3&site=3]suggested that we cease.[/url] In SC’s case, he/she opted to proceed after just such a suggestion by me. Afterward I responded according to what they offered. Would you have me just ignore them? Would you have me paint a pretty picture when that is not in fact the case?

For a spiritual brother, I would think that would bother your conscience tremendously, and you would take care with your powerful tool of words.

The worst mistake anyone can make with the tool of communication is to communicate less than the truth. I do not think I have made that mistake with SC or with anyone else recently. If my words have been somehow overly harsh then they should have been taken as such regarding an idea or presentation only. I do not believe I am in the habit of belittling people. On the other hand, belittlement resulting from an accounting of someone’s actions is self-inflicted.

If you feel my behavior toward SC was somehow inappropriate then please point it out for an accounting. If I stepped into the arena of character assassination then I want to apologize for it. Please show it to me.

As for SolidSender, [s]he needs only do as the rest of us, answer for themselves.

Friend

Edited by - Friend on 17 July 2000 0:46:27

• circare
    circare

Hey waiting - where did the 'old' come from?

I merely meant it seems you have experienced a lot in life and have accumulated some understanding and wisdom along with it. I didn't mean to insult you in anyway.

• waiting
    waiting

Friend,

So you don't "dog" me like you are doing to SS, and I rather agree with dogging after SS sometimes, I will answer you.

1. I am not going to take the hours necessary to look up old posts. I don't feel this point of contention that necessary to clear up between us.
    After I posted to SS, upon reflection of what circare was saying to him, I come up on your post to him. Caught me off guard, and I felt it inappropriate of you, so I said so. You disagreed, and you said so. So I suppose we can close the matter, hopefully.

2. If I jumped too fast, as you referred to in your post, overlook it as what you like.

I do think there is a situation of emotions (put thoughtfully) within SS. He may be bs, maybe not. That is not for me to decide - nor have on my conscience. I have seen two suicides and the aftermath on close friends of mine. Suicides are rampant in our world, I'm sure you would agree.

I've seen a decent amount of displaced anger - and it can ruin a person's life, and those around them. You do tend to push people's buttons in a hurry.

It seems that some people, here and at other forums take a devious delight in infuriating persons, then goading them on further. Real life is like that also. Infantile behavior.

As I questioned SS several times - why is he so angry towards you and Xandit - to an observor, all three of you guys word your posts in approximately the same tone, except for SS's anger. Just opposite ends of the spectrum.

waiting

• Xandit
    Xandit

The epitome of meaningless verbosity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit