16.000 JWs rebel against Bethel and GB

by Edison Trent 28 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

Must have been the best convention ever....

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Doesn't matter if they were just kingdom songs, if true, JWs using social media in their thousands to organize themselves to defy the Borg just for fun is epic.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I too would like to know if a sing fest took place.

The Russian JW's are going through difficult times re the State which is urged on by the Orthodox Church.

German JW's remember how they were treated by the Nazi's

and put in danger by the WTBTS. Fifty percent of the JW's signed off on being a JW.

At the present time do

Russian JW's feel overlooked or slighted by the Society and needed to express themselves in a collective manner? A sing along was an excellent way to send a message........ if that indeed happened.

The Society, after all, can not be depended on to offer any help or relief to those followers who are actually experiencing life changing persecution.

It's interesting how the Society can come up with bullshit rules and BS dogma that makes their followers vulnerable to the State. And then step away from the mess.

Now those followers have to sing for their supper and hope for the attention the Society can spare.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    I didn't hear any songs being sung though.

Oh, oh. It looks like someone may be fibbing.

• steve2
    steve2

Some hot news, he wrote.

And what followed was a nonstory.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

So nobody as yet has confirmed Edison Trent`s claim .Maybe he was just being a bit over zealous with wishful thinking ?

Hot news ? It doesn`t sound like it .

• George One Time
    George One Time

What I can confirm is that at the arabic assemblies in Germany, individuals took drums or other insturments and they started playing music during the break, with lots of brothers and sisters participating in singing. It was not as part of the official program, however is was quite huge.

I guess in Germany they have some more traditions. A lot of the preaching has been street witnessing instead of house-to-house, even before the carts. Just standing on the street for hours and counting time.

They have so many old brothers and sisters too. So things are very well over there

• sir82
    sir82

Even if they were playing Kingdom songs, it would drive the WT bigwigs completely nutso that JWs took it upon themselves to do it without approval.

If Bethel can't control it, they will condemn it, even if it is evidently & obviously something they would have approved of if they had thought of it first.

In case you hadn't noticed Bethel is all about control.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

No Evidence so BS...

Zing

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent

Excuse my rare appearance.

A few more info:

1. Yes, these were kingdom songs. Specifically, it was song 99 and 139.

2. In total, 6 talks from Berlin were streamed. Among other things, the baptism talk and the closing talks.

3. At these conventions with delegates from other countries, it is not uncommon for people to sing, dance and make music in the breaks. But all this takes place outside the stadium. This time it was inside the stadium. It was like the folks decided to expand and alter the programm on their own.

Personally, I found it very remarkable that the JW organized themselves within a day to do something Bethel did not like. For a critical thinking JW it is remarkable because bethel (and especially German bethel Selters) want to be in control of every single part of the convention. Sorry, if you do not see it that way and and don't look at it as hot news.

So here is a video from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvY2f7dLbkI&t=188s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit