Girls, Would You Say "No" If.....

by rocketman 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

If I loved him, I wouldn't care where he proposed and I'm with Nosferatu, I wouldn't be on vacation with him unless it was serious. Don't know how I would feel about a public proposal, times I've been asked have been in private. Surprise is good, shock is not! I've heard of romantic, imaginative ways people have proposed. Means he's put some thought into it. - V Sky

• rocketman
    rocketman
    I often wonder about these marriage proposals at big public venues like football games and the like. What would happen if the girl said no?

Jeff, I've wondered the same thing. Imagine being turned down (or turning someone down) in that situation!

As some have already mentioned, yes, one would think that the proposer should be pretty sure of the answer before popping off the big question. But then again, I guess one can't be totally sure.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I soooo love the idea of something slightly public/surprise/vacation.

I guess in all my daydreaming I never thought, what if I didn't like him that much. I would think...9 times out of 10 marriage is usually discussed before it is proposed, and usually proposed when the affirmative is clinched before it even gets formally asked.

I have to agree with some others...if we were on vacation we are probably pretty serious already. I don't know that I could say no, even if I wanted to. Call me a chippy or coquette if you like, but I think I would probably say, "yes--as long as we get a super long engagement" if I wasn't 100% sure when he asked. (Then again are you ever 100% sure?)

Again--I don't think this happens too often. Like I said, I think most couples are pretty good about feeling out their partner before the formal question gets asked.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well I went to Mexico with an old boyfriend that I would not have married. If he had asked me to marry him I think I would have freaked but I know I wouldn't have said yes just because of the vacation. I can see how some might feel pushed into it.

I would hope that the vast majority of guys have enough sense to know the answer is going to be yes ahead of time. It's not difficult to figure out. Aren't you supposed to be discussing how life would be if you two ended up together?

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

No, but I'm not a girl

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Call me old fashioned, but I wouldn't be on vacation with someone I wasn't considering marrying. And, if when he popped the question I had doubts, I would tell him so.

Honesty is always the best policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit