NY Daily News: Gov. Cuomo unveils plan for Child Victims Act that would do away with statute of limitation

by AndersonsInfo 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• life is to short
    life is to short

This is a start in the right direction, I think of SNAP and if it were not for the victims speaking out the world would not know of the abuse of children within the Catholic Church. Watch the movie Spotlight.

It may be slow but the more voices that speak out the better. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

LITS

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I wonder if it will only apply to individuals and religions or to government employees and government agencies also.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Forget fifty years ago. Unless there's a LOT of corroboration. Get the monsters NOW and make it count. Communicate with your kids. Be vigilant. Prosecute. But presumption of guilt prevails in this courtroom and we should be better than that.

Maybe they could catch some repeat offenders that have caused harm in the past and got away with it.

• stillin
    stillin

Scratchme, that's what I'm talking about. Repeat offenders, or at least real corroboration.

I have a relative who was caught peeking at a teenage girl in the shower. Sleazy, sure. I have heard through a family member of hers that she smells money.

IDK. One time thing. The only corroboration is the Judicial Meeting notes. Does jail sound right for this? Maybe I'm too lenient, it it just seems like let it go without pathological, repeat offenses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit