My WT library increaseth

by refiners fire 13 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Brethren.

One of the Apostates here in Melbourne has grown weary of his dub/cult literature and has given me his full set of Russell Wts, 1879 thru 1916 reprints in very fine condition. Also his complete collection of Rutherford books such as Government, Harp, Enemies etc. It appears that most of Rutherfords books are in the collection. As well, theres a multiple volume "History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints".Yummy. What fun it will be posting select tidbits.

I suppose It would be appropriate to at least give him some financial reward. How much do you reckon would be fair?

• Prisca
    Prisca

*makes plans to sneak into Refiner's house one night and knock him senseless so she can steal his WT library*

• Room 215
    Room 215

RF, strange as it may seem, many, if not most of these volumes are rare and eagerly sought by collectors, often fetching big prices on venues such as eBay.

• Prisca
    Prisca

RF, I think you should pay him in the typical Aussie fashion - slabs of VB.

• blondie
    blondie

What about VanAmbergh's, "Way to Paradise"?

• gumby
    gumby
    I suppose It would be appropriate to at least give him some financial reward. How much do you reckon would be fair?

Well I don't know what Prisca is talking about as far as what a slab of VB is.......but I would just buy him an 18 pack of beer.........and then pinch his bum a couple of times. ( god I love that word....."bum".....it's soooooo much cuter than butt.)

Gumby

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Dunno.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Gumby,

A "slab" of beer is a pack of 24 beers. VB stands for "Victoria Bitter" (although it's not strictly a "bitter" beer, but that's another story).

(as for pinching his bum... I think the guy would prefer I did it than Refiner (although he and Refiner are very good friends....)

• gumby
    gumby
    A "slab" of beer is a pack of 24 beers.

So what do you call a slab of bacon?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    So what do you call a slab of bacon?

A case-a-pig.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit