For those who are athest, or non-christian, how did you come to this decision?

by Tameria2001 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The truth will set you free but scientific evidence and fact based truth not the JW kind.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Once you have proof that their actions are the opposite of what they preach, (The Watchtower) then you start

1. Examining their teachings vs the bible and find they don't match.
    2. See the bible and it's teachings in a different light.
    3. No longer excuse God or his followers for the terrible atrocities they commit.
    4. Have an enormous upheaval of what life is and what you believe about it.

I believe there was something that created life here, but not by any perfect all knowing God.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Taoism is the only view that I ascribe to. It’s not a religion, just a method of observation and acceptance of reality.

There’s no Church, no tithing, no rites, no confessional, no leaders to placate or fear.

DD

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Well, it all started with a simple question:

If creation is so complex that it needs a creator, by that logic, wouldn't the creator also need a creator?

• jp1692
    jp1692

I gave it a lot of thought and followed the evidence to where it inevitably led. God—at least along the lines of the one portrayed in the Abrahamic traditions—simply does not exist.

Frankly, this is a good thing. Why?

As Richard Dawkins so clearly explains, “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

This does explain, though, why “true believers” of the fundamentalist ilk are as nasty and horrible as they frequently are. They are made in “His” image.

They are simply imitating their vile god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit