Attended the KH recently and found it to be thoroughly therapeutic.

by joe134cd 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I had to attend a family event recently which involved attending the KH. Before I went I had it in my mind this was going to be a different experience. Tbh I’ve had an interest in super hero socks. So as a one finger salute to Toney I wore my bright blue and red super man socks. I sat in the hall cross legged pulling my pants leg up to expose the socks. Also as I was getting changed to go. I looked at my meeting ties and thought I’m going to go with an open shirt.

When the service began and I was sitting there boldly and proudly with my super man socks and no tie. I thought bugger it I’m going to use the opportunity to do some apostate catch-up on the internet.

After the service everyone was happy to see me, and took a deep breath that I no longer have put up with their nonsense.

Get to the family venue. The first song on the playlist was from “system of the down.” Which shocked me. I observed another brother there on the dance floor looking some what intoxicated. I thought bloody good on him. So over all I thought the function was a good experience in my opinion.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

😂😂😂

Gotta love it when our religion is so barmy we get a thrill out of sticking it to the man with superman sox. 👍🏻😂

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My guess is wedding. Not a regular meeting.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOE134CD:

I would say it’s a subtle statement made without uttering a word. But, it might not have been noticed unless somebody was really checking you out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    joe134cd - “…The first song on the playlist was from ‘system of the down”. Which shocked me. I observed another brother there on the dance floor looking some what intoxicated…”

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I observed another brother there on the dance floor looking some what intoxicated.
    Not sure what part of the country/world you live, but I've never seen dancing at a funeral "wake" or the "after party". Not at all unusual to see the beer/booze flow and the "some what intoxicated" (esp at the big Catholic family funerals), but never, ever dancing.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit