How do we apply Hebrews 10:24, and 25 ? Exelders and others, please respond

by codeblue 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I gather together every day with thousands of ex-JWs ... many who remain Christian ... Jesus said that whenever two or more are gathered in his name, there he would also be. So, since having left the "Lie" and gotten the Truth about the TRVTH ... I am far more obedient to the words in Hebrews 10:25 & 25 than ever ...

• greenf
    greenf

Jim, the scripture does not say how often people must meet. They are free to do so as their situations permit although usually in Christ's time they appear to have met at least once a week for the joy of doing so and to learn more about the scriptures as to what God wanted.

Also when they did meet it promoted fine works, which would mean not just to talk but to do helpful things for other people especially those with a great need such as widows and orphans.

If you want to start a group sometime just do it. Thinking about doing so will get nowhere, and asking other people about how and if to do so will also turn it upon its head. Especially since people here include Watchtower spies and nay-sayers galore.

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Greenf,

Jim, the scripture does not say how often people must meet. They are free to do so as their situations permit although usually in Christ's time they appear to have met at least once a week for the joy of doing so and to learn more about the scriptures as to what God wanted.

I never stated that Hebrews addresses frequecy of meetings. I only stated in humor what I did. Of course Christians are free to meet anytime they want ... that was my argument to the Elders when I stopped going to JW meetings.

Also when they did meet it promoted fine works, which would mean not just to talk but to do helpful things for other people especially those with a great need such as widows and orphans.

The Christians and non-Christians on this board promote fines works and have pitched in to help one another besides talk. When I was in the hospital a year ago, many from JWd called me in the hospital to uplift me ... and they sent cards, letters, e-mail ... and offered to help me financially should I need it.

If you want to start a group sometime just do it. Thinking about doing so will get nowhere, and asking other people about how and if to do so will also turn it upon its head. Especially since people here include Watchtower spies and nay-sayers galore.
    I don't need to start any groups ... there are good people all around me that I interact with all the time ... including this group on JWd ... and in spite of some being Watchtower spies, I still care about them ... and hope they will get the truth and leave the Watchtower and join the human race again ... whether they remain Christian or not. Thanks, Jim W.
  • codeblue
    codeblue

I thank each one of your for taking the time to express yourself on this topic...

You have all down your share in encouraging me!!!!....Each and every one of you have applied that scripture well..

Thanks again!

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit